Virgin Mopar Mo-090

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got bored again today..
27.gif

2u7w277.jpg

Very interesting to see the wave before it was even used. Obviously it has nothing to do with performance though.
zwxfm.jpg

I have cut open 4 Mopars (including this one) and none of them had strings on them. Who knows.

Well you don't know what you don't know! I have never seen a wavy virgin filter, as almost all posted here are used. So it's entirely possible they started out like that. Interesting indeed.

Any Mopar with the string is still Puro made but pretty old stock, like pre 2009 or so IIRC.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Obviously it has nothing to do with performance though.

No, but it does increase the probability of tearing IMO. I sound like a broken record, but straight, even, tight pleating is not rocket science. If it can be done with cartridge filters there is no excuse for canisters.

Originally Posted By: webfors
Obviously it has nothing to do with performance though.

No, but it does increase the probability of tearing IMO. I sound like a broken record, but straight, even, tight pleating is not rocket science. If it can be done with cartridge filters there is no excuse for canisters.

Quite possible. From what I've seen, the tears seem to be a result of the wide v at the seam though and haven't been passed onto the Mopar or Motorcraft filters.. yet. Lol. I probably seem like a broken record too, but Ill continue to use them until I see a trend in failures.

My Jeep is picky and seems to prefer Mopar/ MC filters so I am kind of limited.

My Jeep is picky and seems to prefer Mopar/ MC filters so I am kind of limited.

Mine too as you know but honestly if I could only have one filter for it (terrifying thought
laugh.gif
) it would be the Motorcraft FL-400s.

Every filter is perfect inside ... until someone cuts it open.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: jk_636
I'm sure it looked fine before you inappropriately cut it open and obviously bent it....

crackmeup2.gif

On a serious note, that is odd that the pleats were bent like that. Every MO-90 I have cut open has had straight, rigid pleats. Maybe they would have straightened out after oil went through them for a couple thousand miles. And that one has a different bypass system than the last one I opened. Maybe it has been redesigned?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jk_636
And that one has a different bypass system than the last one I opened. Maybe it has been redesigned?

Photos don't even show the bypass valve, so how can you know.

Pardon it's quality I took/ uploaded it with the ipad. (No flash either) Didn't know I could do it this way. Lol.

1zbuk2s.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, thats the same. Thanks for the additional photo. I didnt see the little bumps on the top end cap in the first 2.

Last edited:
Im just now able to see my picture on the PC and oh my gosh it is horrid.
27.gif

On my iPad it appeared right side up, but not on the PC. Boo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back