Hard hit for Kyle Busch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oldhp
Daytona Speedway owners should be kicked in the balls for not having Safer Barriers on EVERY wall. NO excuse. I hope Kyle does not have life changing injuries.

Two or three rows of tyres in front of that wall would have lessened the impact considerably. They could learn from Imola 1994.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Originally Posted By: oldhp
Daytona Speedway owners should be kicked in the balls for not having Safer Barriers on EVERY wall. NO excuse. I hope Kyle does not have life changing injuries.

Two or three rows of tyres in front of that wall would have lessened the impact considerably. They could learn from Imola 1994.

I'm actually surprised that they did not have a SAFER barrier in place because that is part of a runoff area for the road course.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Motorsports are dangerous. The risks are well known by its participants.

Correct, and it's incredibly stupid not to lessen those risk when it's so easy to install safer barriers.

Officials have said the safer barrier will be added this week in the area that Kyle Busch hit last week. It was a small section of which no one thought a car would hit, but when Kyle hit it, they were quick to correct it. Tires were put in that spot for the 500 on Sunday.

Originally Posted By: whip

Correct, and it's incredibly stupid not to lessen those risk when it's so easy to install safer barriers.
So Kyle should have know better? He probably owns a private jet.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
The last 20 laps of the 500 were exciting. They were running 3-wide at least 8 rows deep for about 15 of those laps, and many drivers were making outstanding saves. Too bad Logano won in a F---. (Can't say it.
smile.gif
)

Yes, but better than a TOY... (REALLY can't say it!)

It would really lessen the risk, if all forms of racing were banned, too.

With the ever-increasing hand-wringing in Motorsports, I suspect that's where we're headed.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

With the ever-increasing hand-wringing in Motorsports, I suspect that's where we're headed.

That's a bit over the top. Installing SAFER barriers any where a car can hit a wall is a far cry from banning racing.

So Kyle should have know better? He probably owns a private jet.

I'm really confused. I never blamed Kyle. Are you saying it's his fault? I have no idea what private jets have to do with SAFER barriers.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

Yep there is no reason any one needs to race a car.

There's no reason to jump out of perfectly good airplanes either...but people do it and most likely know the risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back