New Honda Ridgeline rendering....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the traditional pickup look more than the current styling. Current looks odd to me - same as an Avalanche.

If it had good offroad capability, I'd buy it. Can't go wrong with a Honda.

From what info I've read at another website dedicated to the subject of the new Ridgeline...the following items are known:

The engine will be very much similar to the new Pilot. It will be the 3.5L V6 Earth Dreams Direct Injection.

The tranny will MOST likely be one of these two...the new Honda 6AT or maybe even the Honda 9AT. No manual will be available. The AWD system will also be improved.

The cab and the bed will have a gap. So it WILL BE separate.

The entire vehicle will be much more stiff and strengthened.

It will be about 2.5 inches longer...and that will most likely be from the slightly longer bed.

The interior will have all the new bells and whistles the new Pilot will have.

Towing and loading will PROBABLY be increased slightly....MPG's has not been disclosed yet but expected to be improved.

It will be assembled in Lincoln, Al.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Since the bed is separate, must be they are going to do something like the Jeep MJ? Half unibody / half frame?

Good question...I certainly have no idea.

I know that the current Ridgeline had some body panel stress issues when owners would load the bed to the limit and then go off-road (or otherwise drive in situations that placed a lot of stress on the body). This should fix that.

I actually like it, it looks similar to an Amorak (Which is pretty cool too in TDI/4 Motion - saw one in Denver last year)

new-honda-ridgeline-illustration-front-end.jpg

Keeping in mind that this is a rendering (although, many think accurate)...I'm just not sure it looks rugged enough for me.

If I see one in person...and in maybe a different color...then I'll know for sure.

Originally Posted By: andrewg

The cab and the bed will have a gap. So it WILL BE separate.

The entire vehicle will be much more stiff and strengthened.

I suspect the old unit body ridgeline is far stiffer than any separate cab/bed ladder frame truck, but like others have said, stiffness can lead to problems and a unit body doesn't give you as much warning when you overload it.

ugly.

Cheap pickups are a dime a dozen. Mini trailers are easy to get.

So someone in corporate is actually implying that the millions of dollars to design, support, EPA and crash certify this vehicle which has minimal utility and benefit is a "worthy" investment, yet Honda cant do EPA certs to bring a diesel accord to the USA?

Wow. A pickup that has bed rails that a normal sized human could actually REACH over.... and not need a step ladder like with every butt-ugly F-150 pickup built in the last decade.

What an idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back