03 Chevrolet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent a few minutes on the passenger side today with crescent pliers pulling and twisting, but only for a few minutes before I had to go. Any advice on ways to make the wire boot let go of the plug porcelain better. Armor all or kroil?

Btw, i dont think i ever had plugs without a crush washer.

I just used used a pair of lineman's pliers and yanked the wires off. I had new wires to put on so it didn't matter if they got destroyed in the process.

Lisle #52990 is a great tool. I was at AAP and the counter guy handed me an autocraft, but i continued looking and saw this next to it and made here instead of 'o-var'. It looked better made but both got pretty bad reviews, but i got the passenger side done in a few minutes. I was having no luck with channel locks and linesman pliers. I also learned a little technique whilst looking up reviews.

Good tool, thought id share.

I couldnt get any kroil on the firewall plug, but it is almost out.

Ill get yall some more photos when I do.

Still learning the macro function. I checked a few of the plugs and were over .060......took some pics of the wheel wells as ive spent some time cleaning them and will spend more time on them, cleaning the paint and plastic liners with spray wax and tire shine........cleaning and preserving suspension rubber parts......oiling rusty parts, exhaust parts, backs of wheels and coating mounting surfaces with anti seize. Also had a pic I tried putting on garage journal.

Here are some more. Besides claying and waxing it, Ive done about all I can do to it. I washed it a few weeks back with Rainx w/carnauba beads and didnt even dried it on the interstate. I hosed out the bed at the pressure washer with their soap and left a conditioner on it of theirs. It still has a few grease stains that I may have to use my kerosene on. The bed is in great shape, i was considering linex until they quoted me over 1/2 a grand, maybe one day.

I got a free $20 at AZ after buying a Haynes and got some graphite wheel paint, taillight bulbs and a quart of tire shine(which i used all over, under, and the sides of the truck). I think the wheels turned out good, but will need a sunny day to really appreciate them, as they are not as lustrous as silver, but look good to me nonetheless. I used wheel cleaner and a green scotchbrite and bevnaps for a final wipedown. Using a 12 soda can box for cardboard to block the paint from getting on the tires, it was alright, although i did forget to cover my driveway- lapses can get to all of us.

This may be all the pics im able to put up as I no longer have access to a laptop to go to photobucket to post pics and i dont think an iPad is able to do this as it lacks a mouse.

In stead of linex i may just spray paint it when it starts to rust. I still have half a can of that graphite paint, but plan to use it on my ramps.

I greased all eleven alamites and got a pump or two in each and only one oozed out- the drivers balljoint, upper iirc.... Some were pretty stubborn, so i bet they require or will benefit from more grease, so ill try to,add another pump or two when the weather warms.

Im getting what may be symptoms of a worn wheel bearing. I forgot to spin the wheels when i had the truck on stands, but when i get going it sounds like the front passenger side tire is a mudtire. It starts out as a slow, irregular, off beat hum/dull roar (irregular as in a HD exhaust beat type sound) and it increases with speed to a higher pitched, almost howling sound as you get to 70mph. It is possible cold weather adds to it, but i can put it in neutral and it has no affect/effect?.?. Later y'all!

That is about as clean as I can get it until I have stamina to do a full clay and wax. I also need to grease it again as i am getting some chirping when Te front tires go over speed bumps. Guess they were pretty dry, even after I put 1-2 pumps into each of the zerks.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
That is about as clean as I can get it until I have stamina to do a full clay and wax. I also need to grease it again as i am getting some chirping when Te front tires go over speed bumps. Guess they were pretty dry, even after I put 1-2 pumps into each of the zerks.
Have you checked all the bushings and suspension parts? Those Chevy trucks don't have very good front ends.

Here are more I just took. If the funds are ever available I talked with a body shop and his description of what he could do to the paint and glass sounded very nice. Something like, a machine (buffer, orbital DA or w/e you want to call it) is required and he can probably remove all the water spots and etching all the while bringing out the color and getting rid of the fine swirls/hairlines.

Anyway, I might try to snap some photos one day of what she looks like underneath as I have spent quite some time on the underbody. It is a big vehicle, but luckily it is about as plain jane that I know of for a 21st century vehicle. Kind of like a pre EFI truck with some modern touches!
smile.gif

Does anyone have a clue as to why (or how) the passenger rear is sitting up about one half inch higher?

I noticed in the side shot photos and went and measure from the top of the wheel well to a point on the tire.

The gauge cluster. Flash and no-flash.

after a brief warm-up.

Edit: I think I turned the auto headlights off between the two shots is why the mileage isn't visible in the first picture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back