JDM ASTAR LED bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My LED bulbs came in. I decided to purchase LED bulbs for my reverse lights and license plate lights. For the reverse lights I ordered the Projector LEDs and for the license plate I got some other high powered LEDs.

I did some research and seen that the JDM ASTAR LEDs are some of the best so that is what I ordered.

Projector LED's (JDM ASTAR Super Bright AX-2835 Chipsets 912 921 T10/T15 Backup Reverse Light Bulbs,Parking lights, Xenon White) :
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QXUFCAY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Other LED's(JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright Error Free PX Chipsets 194 168 2825 W5W T10 LED LED Bulbs,Xenon White):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QXUFCAY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Packaging:

I'll have install pictures later of them.

Overall they seem to be very well build LEDs. I have had just regular LEDs from ebay and these seem much better.

I tried each one of the bulbs in the reverse lights just to see how they look and it turns out the PX LEDs seem to work better in our reverse housing. I am assuming because the reverse light lense. I assume the way the reverse housing is designed it wont let the projector part actually project very far. Although the PX bulb seems to brighten up the area better.

I will try to take better photos tomorrow night.

Original reverse:

Projector bulb Driver side/ Original bulb Pass side:

Both Projector LED bulbs:

Projector LED bulb Driver side/ PX LED bulb Pass side(you can see the red truck is lit up a little better on the passenger side with that PX bulb):

Nothing I did is very scientific but just trying to give some photos to show how things look.

Wow...that is bright!

I'd almost be worried about blinding the people behind you!

That said, pretty cool....

Despite the lines and few valleys in the pattern, it diffuses and distributes light quite will. I am impressed.

I got the JDM for my license plate lights. They are crazy bright but it is all down so no big deal. Really like them. Nice color.

Given how bright your original reverse lights are, I am surprised that you even bothered to go to LED.

I have those projector ones in the Impreza, 1 year and 2 months old at this point. Still bright as all heck. I bought them off an Ebay vendor at the time, not sure of the manufacturer but they look exactly like the ones you posted.

So, fairly reliable thus far.

I tried some 1156 LED with the projector lens in my reverse lights, but they were impossible for other driver's to see in daylight when I was in reverse, and at night were no brighter than the 1141 bulbs that were in there before the experiment. They were also too blue for my tastes. New incandescent 1156's were installed for more noticeable light.

I've got a set of relayed rear facing fog lights attached to my trailer hitch where it joins with the frame rails and these provide all the 'mirror' lighting I require.

Pictures can't really show much in comparison, unless the Aperture and exposure and white balance can be set to be the same for both photos. My phone's camera does not have this option.

Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight
I tried some 1156 LED with the projector lens in my reverse lights, but they were impossible for other driver's to see in daylight when I was in reverse, and at night were no brighter than the 1141 bulbs that were in there before the experiment. They were also too blue for my tastes. New incandescent 1156's were installed for more noticeable light.

I've got a set of relayed rear facing fog lights attached to my trailer hitch where it joins with the frame rails and these provide all the 'mirror' lighting I require.

Pictures can't really show much in comparison, unless the Aperture and exposure and white balance can be set to be the same for both photos. My phone's camera does not have this option.
I had some nice 35 watt halogen in a standard base backup bulbs on my last SAAB. Just don't leave them on too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back