Never any juicy oil deals in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 4.73L jugs of QSUD for $18 on clearance about 2 years ago and I remember seeing the same jugs (or PP) on boxing day/black friday regularly a few years ago for around $20. I guess we'll probably never see those prices again @ walmart due to the tanking loonie
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: HKPolice
I guess we'll probably never see those prices again @ walmart due to the tanking loonie
frown.gif

The tanking loonie doesn't help, but there's still plenty of room for movement on the price front. Walmart and Canadian Tire (and Partsource) simply choose to have a 100%+ markup on oil in Canada, whereas plenty of other retailers do not.

Just wait for the deals.

Motomaster F1 (Cra.ppy Tire oil) is currently on sale for $20-$25 Full Synthetic on their big juggs

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Stewie
Just wait for the deals.

Motomaster F1 (Cra.ppy Tire oil) is currently on sale for $20-$25 Full Synthetic on their big juggs

$26 is not that good of a deal. The last time we saw sub $20 for F1 was like 2013. The good old days of $14.99-18 for F1 is probably gone.

For around the same money, I'd get PP for $28.88 if I have no need for that extra 270ml of oil.

Originally Posted By: wing0
Originally Posted By: Stewie
Just wait for the deals.

$26 is not that good of a deal. The last time we saw sub $20 for F1 was like 2013. The good old days of $14.99-18 for F1 is probably gone.

For around the same money, I'd get PP for $28.88 if I have no need for that extra 270ml of oil.

0wXX grades are always around this price

Walmart has PYB for 13.88 - PP for 28.88 - PHM for 32.97

Expires tomorrow. Check Walmart flyer for more details.

They seem to be rotating between different brands of 4.73L bottle.
It was Valvoline, Pennzoil and now it's Quaker State for $13.88 this week.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
The discount will probably be greater by the 3rd or 4th week of Target's so-called "liquidation".

I doubt that, there are no great deals on their "liquidation sale" at all. In fact there is some [censored] going on as well, where they have jacked up the price on the sticker and then listed it as 30% off, but then it just ends up coming out to the same price they previously sold it for! There are no good deals at all to come out of Target Canada, there weren't deals before they announced they were closing, and there won't be good deals during their closing sale either. Their auto dept selection is pathetic anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back