Ohtsu FP6000 tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past black friday I got a set of these tires at Discount Tire for $38 each.
$240 out the door.The cheapest tire they had would have been $32 but they only had 3 in stock.
So far they are very quiet,ride well and are fairly responsive while cornering.
Yesterday was my first drive in slush and packed snow(we got 9 inches).These tires did very good and they suprised me at how well they did for a low end tire.
I will not worry about driving in snow unless of course we are talking a major snow storm.
As far as wear I have no idea at this time.
If I can get 30k miles (about 2 years) I will be good for the amount i spent.
These are rebranded Falken ZIEX512.

Last edited:
The Falken ZIEX512 is a decent tire for the price, but a big negative has been tread wear. If your goal is to get 30K out of them-then I believe you should be pleased with your choice.

Last edited:
Falken makes good tires, but treadlife isn't their strongest suit.

Aren't the FP6000/ZE512 directional?

Still a good price though. And Discount has great service.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Falken makes good tires, but treadlife isn't their strongest suit.

Aren't the FP6000/ZE512 directional?

Still a good price though. And Discount has great service.

Yes they are a directional tire and I don't know the benefit of that.
Tread wear is not a concern. I have small car (Sentra) and i drive easy.
So if in 2 years I have to buy another set I'm good.
The Sentra has 141K miles on it and the tires may outlast the car.

Originally Posted By: CKN
The Falken ZIEX512 is a decent tire for the price, but a big negative has been tread wear. If your goal is to get 30K out of them-then I believe you should be pleased with your choice.

I had these long ago and found quite the opposite. Treadwear was absolutely great, the tires wore like iron, my only issue was they were almost a bit too hard in some weather conditions.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: CKN

I had these long ago and found quite the opposite. Treadwear was absolutely great, the tires wore like iron, my only issue was they were almost a bit too hard in some weather conditions.

Update-yes they ride a little hard but between the new tires and struts i expected that. It's a Sentra not a Lexus.
But i have been driving in snow-ice-slush for over a week now and these tires are doing great.

I bought the fp7000 after doing some research and they are amazing tires for the money. They stick well and side walls are relatively stiff. I would buy again. I have 17k miles on mine and still have about 85% thread life

Last edited:
We are in the middle of a major snow storm. 12 to 18 inches.
Yesterday I stayed too long at the pool room that is 20 miles away from home.When I got on the road the snow and wind were awful.
The drive home was on a lot of ice and snow.
These tires did great.I passed a lot of cars that were stuck.Of course they may have had bad tires or were just bad ice/snow drivers.
Bottom line is I made it home safe.

We have another snow storm. It's going to snow for days.The roads are snow packed and it's just not good out there.
But these tires have performed much better then I thought for cheap tires.

I had the FP7000s on the Scion when I got it. They were useless in the snow IMO (even with plenty of tread left), so I ended up switching to Continental ExtremeContact DWS and I haven't had as many problems. In the dry, though, they were super smooth and quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back