YOGA this, YOGA that, YOGA YOGA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girls have been wearing tights for a long time, they are just now called yoga pants.

Originally Posted By: Kira
To aquariuscsm: Yeah, I had to spell out "105 degrees F". The processor this site uses doesn't interpret the characters in mine.

Honestly guys, girls show up in swim suits for their introductory classes.
Many studios offer cheap initial weeks or a bargain priced month.
Within a couple of days most girls decide they like it and go buy something more supportive.

I can't stress enough how effective and beneficial yoga training is.
I actually have a pretty good bod. Kira

You should take a selfie and post it in the "Official Member Picture Thread".
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I LOVE seeing the chickadees in yoga pants!!
nothing but flip flops with dirty toes,tube tops and dirty shorts around here.

I love tube tops too!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
What's with all the YOGA junk lately? Another fad?

Yoga classes, Yoga PANTS... I mean really, does ANYONE female between the ages of 18-50 wear REAL PANTS outside of work? Do they even CARE what the public SEES?

Yoga mats, yoga magazines. Yet nobody really spends much time doing YOGA.

Rummage sales full of YOGA junk in a few years... hmmm ... maybe I can use them as mats [color:#FF0000][/color]for crawling under the car.

Here's a quote from a local website....
Quote from Dave: “The combination of challenge and compassion I find in yoga has always enthralled me. Yoga makes us physically stronger but at the same time develops mental control to calm us in turbulent times. I combine a unique blend of Tai Chi, Chi Gung, Flow Yoga, Philosophy and Fun!

Is that even real? What is that... air?

I assume you forgot to take your medication today-right?

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
I thought the Yoga thing was 10 years ago......

Yea, OP is a little slow to notice this trend...

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I like women in yoga pants.
confused.gif

North of 35 degrees latitude? You on a college campus or something?

Give us a week of -5 to 5 degree days, then a 25 degree day, they're all out!

I don't do yoga often, but many of friends do, and so does my wife. If people like to do it, or wear yoga pants, who cares?

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
The pants are good.
The Bikram guy who's now accused of rape....not good.

Bikram yoga is the crossfit of yoga - it's competitive and he wants his member studios to go through the same "licensing and affiliation" process as does crossfit. I stick to vinyasa or hatha yoga. There's another guy who was associated with Bikram that's in the hot seat.

And yes, I do own a little bit of lululemon - the guy's line.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Toga, Toga, Toga. Wasn't that the Animal House mantra?

It's also a mode button on Boeing planes if you must haul [censored] during a takeoff or missed landing.
smile.gif

My wife is athletic, slim and fit. She wears yoga pants. I like yoga pants.

I have done yoga on and off for a number of years now. I enjoy it. We have studios all over around here.

Yoga has been around for 5,000+ years. It's a passing fad.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Subway was even serving YOGA mats in their bread for a while ...

It was extremely surprising that most of the country did not know this. Now they are using it as an advertising tool. Shameful.

Sorry.. I couldnt resist.
laugh.gif

Don't worry. I'll be brief.

Hello, I should wait to respond to this thread because I get to "track" the linguistic cues of those who don't know what they're talking about.
You can bluster over oil and filters but don't disparage my workout.

Let me tell you about yoga. Don't worry. I'll be brief.

Plain and simple; yoga is a workout. It's a little challenging to keep in shape but ANY exercise is worth it.

There are well established workout routines where every joint, every mussel, your balance and stamina is strengthened and improved. It all happens without impact and requires a MINIMUM of gear.

I started at a nationwide hot yoga studio where all exercises are carried out at 105 degrees F. You sweat all manner of bad stuff out.
After the workout (I simply refuse to call it a class) I feel so clean and warm.

Then something interesting happened. Many of the studios went independent.
This resulted in many of the studios offering a variety of classes.
It was astounding to feel the huge improvement from doing a variety of extreme exercises.

If you bicycle, play basketball, swim, play squash, jog etc. keep it up.
I'd respectfully suggest adding yoga to your regimen.

If you do not exercise at all, a yoga schedule will improve your life and you'll feel better every day, I promise.

If you do not exercise at all and elect to say childish, "Archie Bunker" things about yoga I suggest you shut your mouth and cease making dopey posts about it.
Just sit there, drink, smoke and beat your wife like a "Real American".
Got tattoos?

I'm so thrilled slugs and slobs are in insurance pools with me and my family.

ps If you like seeing chickadees in yoga pants, you should see us at 105 degrees F. We wear less!
Also, I admire any yogi or yogini who is physically unattractive trying to get it in to shape.

There was a picture posted here of a fat girl who was a cheerleader in some high school.
Some poked fun at her (bad form, fellas) others commended her for getting out there. Kira

Originally Posted By: whip

Yoga has been around for 5,000+ years. It's a passing fad.....

So have a lot of activities.

Something becomes a fad when it's popularity becomes noticed and then exploited.

Yoga fits that definition.

Yoga pants? It will be a good day when women get back to developing a sense of class and style in what they wear.

Do women still wear skirts and dresses????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back