Warren Oil Co.'s Lubrigold vs. RK Synthetic 0w-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with a supervisor with Warren Oil Company in Dunn, NC to determine the formula difference between the blender's Lubrigold synthetic and the synthetic it makes for Rural King, named RK Synthetic.

He said the RK formula is "very similar" to the Lubrigold. Then he added, "Let me put it another way. It is extremely similar." Without trying to put him on the spot, I took that to mean the formulas are virtually identical.

Lubrigold sells for less than $4 a quart retail, and Rural King sells its 0w-20, 5w-20, 5w-30 and 10w-30 in its stores for $2.79 a quart. Both are rated SN. My local Rural King in Florida can't keep the RK Synthetic on the shelves.

I may use one or the other in 0w-20 on my leased 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium.

Sounds like you should use the RK 0w-20 for a few OCI, then do a UOA. Even if you use one of the $14 NAPA UOAs, it'd be nice to see how the oil did.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Is Warren refurbished/recycled oil,or is it brand spanking new oil? Always wondered that.
WHERE do rumors like that start?

One thing I like about Warren is when you call them, you actually talk to real people with real personalities that are not reading from a script. If my stash ever runs out, this is probably the brand that I'll be going with in some capacity, if not all the way.

To address the recycled or new oil, the answer is both.

They sell majority fresh oil, but on their website they do offer an oil called Enviroil. It comes in 5w-30, 10w-30 and they also have an Enviroil Dex/Merc automatic transmission fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back