At the same price point, which would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends...does your vehicle require Dexos 1 oil and is still under warranty?

Pennzoil Gold meets it, AFAIK Supertech Synthetic does not so in this case the Pennzoil is the better choice.

If it's a 2011+ GM car still under warranty, then get the Gold because it's licensed.

If it's a pre-11 Cadillac or Corvette, then get the ST syn, which claims 4718M.

What kind of car is it going in?

But there's a better choice, if you have a Napa nearby: Napa's house brand Synthetic, which is Synpower and now officially licensed dexos. Plus, you get individual quart bottles which are easier to pour and no quart or half-quart left over in the big jug!

Both are high quality oils, and around here the price difference is fifty cents.

Assuming you don't have any Dexos concerns, I'd say go with ST and see how it feels in your vehicle. Next time around get the Pennzoil Gold, and see how it feels. Afterwards, keep buying whichever one it is that felt better in your vehicle.

ST Synthetic is a dollar more than PYB, and Pennzoil Gold is $1.50 more than PYB. I wonder if that affects PYB's sales figures since I assume some people will pay the small amount to move up to the synthetic/semi-synthetic oils.

Pennzoil Synthetic Blend/Gold.

Who knows who is blending what, at any given time, for Wal-Mart. Low bidder always win$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back