Workers strike at Port of L.A. Chi-junk piling up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

As a direct result of my company unionizing, I lost my profit sharing. The first year or the union, I took a pay CUT. Thanks a bunch, guys!

Blame your employer for retaliating against the
fact that the workers voted to unionize. That is
why they made those moves. If you took a pay cut
be less productive.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Government unions are tics on society and only get what they have from bribing politicians who do the negotiating. The government union contracts are all negotiated and agreed to without any input from the end payer of the benefits.

I wonder how many "private sector" union companies are presently over $18 trillion in debt that pay the wages that Gov't union employees make?

I don't want to argue pro or anti union, however, I will say that left to its own devices corporate America does not have the best interests of employees at its heart no matter how touchy-feely its PR is.

As a degreed, salaried employee whose wages don't even keep up with inflation I basically get paid less to do more each year. Unlike what you guys describe as a "typical" union employee, though, if I decide to fight it and become less productive I'll be looking for a new job in short order.

Every coin has a flip side.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
My employees are paid much more than the individual averages in our field. When hired they are always offered hourly pay or commission only. You can tell a lot about their future here by which they choose...

One of the things I miss about sales is the commission. Each person determined how much they made.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
If you took a pay cut
be less productive.

Once again, your character shines like a bright star.

Originally Posted By: whip

If you took a pay cut
be less productive.

I'm one of the most honorable, industrious, hard working people you will ever meet, however when I am compelled to engage others who are less than honorable and have a lack of integrity and decency I give back what I receive, I will say that the customer never suffers, but you can be sure the employer will. An eye for an eye clearly applies when dealing in the business world, especially today, this isn't back when a man's handshake and word meant something.

Last edited:

If you took a pay cut
be less productive.

I'm one of the most honorable, industrious, hard working people you will ever meet, however when I am compelled to engage others who are less than honorable and have a lack of integrity and decency I give back what I receive, I will say that the customer never suffers, but you can be sure the employer will. An eye for an eye clearly applies when dealing in the business world, especially today, this isn't back when a man's handshake and word meant something.

If you're willing to compromise your character and integrity based on how you're treated, you don't have character and integrity.

If you're willing to compromise your character and integrity based on how you're treated, you don't have character and integrity.

I have compromised nothing, since the other party has already violated that civil pact I mentioned. If anything I would truly be
bereft of character and integrity if I simply continued on without taking any action.

Last edited:

If you took a pay cut
be less productive.

Its easy for anyone to say 'I am the most (fill in the blank) you will ever met' but what you have said here says otherwise. You sound vindictive and angry. Unless you are an employer, you are an employee. I take personal pride in doing the best job that I can every day, and feel a sense of loyalty to my employer. If my employer does well, I do well. I've worked with people like you, and you're no pleasure to work with. You pee and moan all day and bring everyone else around you down.

I have compromised nothing, since the other party has already violated that civil pact I mentioned. If anything I would truly be
bereft of character and integrity if I simply continued on without taking any action.
Two wrongs, don't make it right. If you had integrity, you'd know this.

Keep shining.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bvance554
Its easy for anyone to say 'I am the most (fill in the blank) you will ever met' but what you have said here says otherwise. You sound vindictive and angry. Unless you are an employer, you are an employee. I take personal pride in doing the best job that I can every day, and feel a sense of loyalty to my employer. If my employer does well, I do well. I've worked with people like you, and you're no pleasure to work with. You pee and moan all day and bring everyone else around you down.

Of course you didn't see or don't want to see what I posted earlier, when it comes to the customer or client I never create any issues or problems for them. If my beef is with an employer the beef stays there, I treat the customer/client like I would want to be treated.

The fact is that when there are issues or problems with employers and their uncivil, disrespectful, and unprofessional behavior you can bet I will complain, but in a way that doesn't affect the client, only the employer. The key as an employee is keep an even keel and if you are in the right many times things will work out.
I don't "moan and pee all day" either, as that is not effective against poor manglement.

You sound like so many inept and imcompetent management today which only want to shove their issues under the rug and threaten the employees to shut them up. That is why we need unions more than ever today.

Keep shining.

In a perfect world I totally agree. We don't live in a perfect world.

Sometimes the only thing unscrupulous employers understand is the kind of pain they deal out to their employees. Think of it as
scolding a misbehaving child.
wink.gif

Last edited:

Keep shining.

In a perfect world I totally agree. We don't live in a perfect world.

Sometimes the only thing unscrupulous employers understand is the kind of pain they deal out to their employees. Think of it as
scolding a misbehaving child.
wink.gif

What is your career field ?

If you took a pay cut
be less productive.

No, actually...your posts prove that you are a slimy, greasy weasel with no principles, no integrity, and no work ethic.

Back on the ignore list you go.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

No, actually...your posts prove that you are a slimy, greasy weasel with no principles, no integrity, and no work ethic.

Projecting again I see.
crackmeup2.gif
crazy2.gif
shocked2.gif
23.gif

Bottom line is like most manglement these days they love to
bully, browbeat, frighten, and intimidate employees to
get away with all manner of chicanery, fortunately some
folks still have a backbone and will push back.

Actually that kind of behavior usually aids unions very effectively.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jcwit
Wow! Talk about name calling.

I don't mind it at all, Jaraxle did what I wanted him to.
Which is demonstrate typical management behavior towards
employees. He actually performed a service and didn't even
realize it.

Originally Posted By: bvance554

Of course you didn't see or don't want to see what I posted earlier, when it comes to the customer or client I never create any issues or problems for them. If my beef is with an employer the beef stays there, I treat the customer/client like I would want to be treated.

The fact is that when there are issues or problems with employers and their uncivil, disrespectful, and unprofessional behavior you can bet I will complain, but in a way that doesn't affect the client, only the employer. The key as an employee is keep an even keel and if you are in the right many times things will work out.
I don't "moan and pee all day" either, as that is not effective against poor manglement.

You sound like so many inept and imcompetent management today which only want to shove their issues under the rug and threaten the employees to shut them up. That is why we need unions more than ever today.

I've read every single word you have posted. Thats what I based my judgement on. You're continued efforts to support your opinion are only causing me to judge you more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back