AGIP/ENI oils for track driven Toyota GT86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, new here.
Maybe this is a better place to post this question.
Would like to have some help in the selection of oil.
Driving a Toyota GT86 on track and this year I will also compete in the Time Attack.

My questions are as follows, has been driving Mobile ESP Formula 5W30 on track last year.
The car is running original on Toyota 0w20 oil, but find that too be too thin for my taste frown

This year I will be sponsored by a guy who deals with AGIP / ENI oils and choose among viscosities.

So my question should be, what would you who have knowledge of oils, opt for oil to drive on from AGIP / ENI range that suits my engine, and is capable of 20min session at a time, and about 4-5 times on a racing day.

Would prefer that the oil is capable of at least 2 Track days and little everyday driving, will change the oil 4-5 times in a season at least.

The car Never runs autumn or winter periods

Greetings
Fredrik
(Sweden)

Toyota Germany recommends a 10w60 for these engines used on the track.
There was a long thread about this very subject with lots of documentation from Toyota on the 10w60.

Take into account the rod bearing failures these engines have been having its a good bet this could well be a reason.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Might be worth getting in touch with the mods and getting your two threads combined

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...en_#Post3645480

of course, thanks
smile.gif

Oh sorry, forgot to mention that I installed a Perrin oil cooler kit and a Innovate MTX-D oil pressure and temperature gauge, so I can get the warning when the pressure or the temperature step outside the comfort zone.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Toyota Germany recommends a 10w60 for these engines used on the track.
There was a long thread about this very subject with lots of documentation from Toyota on the 10w60.

Take into account the rod bearing failures these engines have been having its a good bet this could well be a reason.

Okay, I had no idea about that, know that some People have had accidents whit bearings breaking down.
Do you men that the rod bearing failurs was because of 10w60 oil was too thick, or do you mean that the faults occurred with 0w20 and similar thin oils, djust so im in the boat so too speak
laugh.gif

The failures to the best of my knowledge happen on 0w20 not the thicker oils.
It seems street driven engines are also seeing some issues when driven a little sporty.

From the info posted the problems are with hardware issues and not oil failure related.
One gentleman had less than one quart of oil left dealer dosnt know where it went.
Replacing VVT, cam sensors and ECU sometimes.
VVT fails and all oil pressure is lost.
VVT has had many many different revisions already.
One more note the idiot light comes on with almost no oil pressure on.
When the VVT fails it could keep it just above the light thresh hold but the engine is already done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back