Penrite 15W60 15000kms Ford Falcon Dual Fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car is a 2002 Ford Falcon. ODO 324683kms at time of testing. It is run on LPG/CNG for most of the oil drain interval. 15000kms on oil.
Any ideas as to the soot reading being 6.6?

Code:
Water 0

Oxidation 13

Lead 2

Calcium 2700

Nickel 2

Iron 4

Copper 3

Sodium 3

Molybdenum 10

Boron 0

Nitration 10

Fuel Dilution 0

Chromium 0

Zinc 1016

TBN 9.9

Phosphorus 0

Silicon 16

Aluminium 8

FTIR soot 6.6

Viscosity @ 100 19.9

Magnesium 12

Tin 3

Laboratory comments:
Viscosity @ 40 is at 147cst, please check oil grade. Wear and contamination within acceptable levels. Continue to monitor.

Last edited:
That's actually a very good report as far as wear is concerned! But I wouldn't put that thick stuff in mine cause it would probably use a lot more fuel, still using 10w30 and only take it to 10,000km.
I think these being very good engines helps with the low wear materials too
What lab did you send this off to? I'm wanting to get some results but don't know of any here in Aus

Here is the link to the report and the company that did the oil analysis.
http://www.roktex.com.au/sharedReport?published=532453

I am going to drop down to a 40 weight over the next few months. Being dual fuel the manufacturer recommendation is 15w40.
the 50 weight was just on special. Didn't notice any changes in economy, but you could feel a slight drag on the engine.

No idea about the phosphorus reading.

Thanks! Yeah the lifters are really rattly in mine with a 40 and 50 weight but with the 10w30 they are silent once it's warmed up. They are starting to rattle a bit in the mornings now but I think thats because its due for a change (9,000km on oil)
I also felt the drag on the engine with a 50 weight, it feels way way more resposive, smoother and free revving with the 30
smile.gif

Compared to other Roktex reports, that soot is low...dunno what the units that they are doing, but 30s and 40s don't rate an orange light.

If you are going 40, Magnatec Diesel 5W40 is pretty good prices at times.

Or Repco 0W40 (made by Penrite) at $65 or thereabouts.

Thanks for that Shannow. It just had me puzzled about where it was coming from. You read everywhere that lpg burns clean and then soot shows up?

Anyway, will see what the next test says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back