Mobil super hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real simple questions. how good is Mobil super high mileage? What additives does it employ? How does it stack up to max life and others

It will ruin your engine in no time. I mean these oil companies have no idea what they're doing.

I have tried Maxlife and for me, the MSHM performs much better. It has higher calcium levels and moly. Moly is something that many prefer. PQI tested the Mobil recently, here is the link:

MSHM

I have not tried it my go to High Mileage oil Is Pennzoil High Mileage and will continue to be unless someone knows something i dont about it.

A little perplexing, back of bottle (comparison picture area) says synthetic blend but Mobil tech line says its a conventional....
21.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
A little perplexing, back of bottle (comparison picture area) says synthetic blend but Mobil tech line says its a conventional....
21.gif

My understanding is that all high mileage conventional oils are a syn blend from the additive package. MaxLife used to not advertise itself as a blend either, but putting the word "synthetic" for purely marketing purposes is common these days so now it does.

Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer
21.gif

My understanding is that all high mileage conventional oils are a syn blend from the additive package. MaxLife used to not advertise itself as a blend either, but putting the word "synthetic" for purely marketing purposes is common these days so now it does.

Havoline HM, Pennzoil bronze bottle HM, SuperTech, Mobil HM etc. are all listed as conventionals.

*I know Pennzoil has recently released a blend or synthetic HM.

M1 HM syn
Maxlife syn
Maxlife blnd
Castrol HM blnd
Defy blnd

Last edited:
The Pennzoil rep on here recently posted that Pennziol HM is actually a blend. I asked why they didnt market it as such then but didnt get an answer.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
The Pennzoil rep on here recently posted that Pennziol HM is actually a blend. I asked why they didnt market it as such then but didnt get an answer.

When i called their tech line last year, i was told it was a conventional. I've seen here on BITOG where someone posted a picture of the new, either syn or blend formula. Who knows with these companies
16.gif

Last edited:

Havoline HM, Pennzoil bronze bottle HM, SuperTech, Mobil HM etc. are all listed as conventionals.

M1 HM syn
Maxlife syn
Maxlife blnd
Castrol HM blnd
Defy blnd

Again, there have been multiple articles that mention that all High Mileage oils have some synthetic in them as part of the additive package. Here is one example

http://www.ehow.com/about_6113608_high-different-regular-motor-oil_.html

Concerning Mobil Super High Mileage, this chart is pretty clearly calling it a blend.
bb2eba75-58f0-4fc1-8c09-768ed0f0de0a.jpg.w960.jpg

Originally Posted By: zach1900
It will ruin your engine in no time. I mean these oil companies have no idea what they're doing.

Exactly. All these oils are a lot more similar than they are different.

Are you having some oil leaks or loss or burning that is causing you to think you should use high mileage oil?

Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer

M1 HM syn
Maxlife syn
Maxlife blnd
Castrol HM blnd
Defy blnd

Again, there have been multiple articles that mention that all High Mileage oils have some synthetic in them as part of the additive package. Here is one example

http://www.ehow.com/about_6113608_high-different-regular-motor-oil_.html

Concerning Mobil Super High Mileage, this chart is pretty clearly calling it a blend.
bb2eba75-58f0-4fc1-8c09-768ed0f0de0a.jpg.w960.jpg

That is my point concerning MSHM, when you call Mobil, they advise its a conventional.

Also, from their website...

Mobil Super High Mileage premium conventional oils offer outstanding wear protection under a wide variety of operating conditions, and they have been proven to fight sludge and help reduce wear.

https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-super/mobil-super-high-mileage

The specs also point to this being a conventional.

Last edited:
Mobil seems to be elusive concerning MSHM being a syn. or syn. blend. At one time, the back of the quart bottle advertised it as being a full syn., the link to the testing by PQIA shows the back of the bottle and it says, "Full Synthetic" in the comparison chart on the bottle. I also have a bottle that says this.

I have used both Mobil Super and MSHM and unless there has been a change made to the HM version, there IS a difference between them.

For reference, Canada's Mobil high mileage is called Mobil Super 2000, which is a blend, with ILSAC rating. I don't know if it's the same as the Mobil Super high mileage in the States, of course, but we don't get Mobil 1 HM up here.

The Defy looks the best to me in that PQIA chart - 11 cSt, higher ZDDP than allowed by SN, moly, boron...

Oh wait, that's what's in my engine now!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back