2015 Oil Comparison Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've done this once before and felt inclined to create an updated comparison chart. I left Castrol off the list because their PDSs are useless and I wasn't going to waste the time entering the data. Eventually I will be adding some of the other brands but for now this is a good start. If anybody else would like to create a spreadsheet with other brands and add it to the thread, feel free to do so. Hopefully this makes some of your oil critiquing and buying decisions a little easier, enjoy!

No royal purple
confused.gif

Originally Posted By: jk_636
No royal purple
confused.gif

It's on the list to be added, but not a whole lot of board members use it which is why I chose not to do it with this batch.

Originally Posted By: HKPolice
Can you post the spreadsheet in excel format instead? Also did you mean M1 EP instead of XP?

Good catch, yes XP is supposed to be EP.

Originally Posted By: Geonerd
Originally Posted By: HKPolice
Can you post the spreadsheet in excel format instead?

+1

Forgive my ignorance but how would I go about embedding it as an Excel format?

Thanks.

Learned that Mobil 1 0W-20 EP's Flash Point is 20 points higher than the AFE version (455*F versus 435*F.) and that both synthetic oils lead all other 0W-20's in that category and in cold flow values.

M1 EP 0W20 is 1 of the best synthetic xW20 over the counter money can buy, and it happens to be cheaper than boutique brands such as RP and OEM such as TGMO, HGMO ...

That Mobil 1 0W-20 EP is good stuff! It surprisingly has a higher Flash Point volatility value than their 0W-40 (455*F. versus 446*F.) and is 20 points higher than regular AFE 0W-20 (455*F. versus 435*F.). Trust the data is correct without typo's.

I only mention this because EP's higher quality base-stock of 50% - 70% PAO appears to stand-out amongst its peers.

EP is my preferred #1 oil to blend a quart of 0W-40 with (in the summertime) for a 2.9cst HTHS in Toyota's calling for a 20-weight. (This viscosity is on the border where 20 and 30-weight oils meet. Regular 0W-20 EP is used in the winter.) The Subaru 3.6L gets a 50/50 mix for a superior 5W-30 synthetic product (in the summertime) with a stronger film-strength of 3.25cst and lower operating viscosity than regular Mobil 1. (In the cold winter, a 65/35 ratio is used for the 6-cylinder requiring a 5W-30...forming a good lightweight 0W-30 product.)

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
M1 EP 0W20 is 1 of the best synthetic xW20 over the counter money can buy, and it happens to be cheaper than boutique brands such as RP and OEM such as TGMO, HGMO ...

+1 RamFan thanks for posting. When my AFE stash is finished I will be changing over to EP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back