Coming to a Wal-Mart near you: K&N Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late last night the recently re-arranged automotive section at my local Wal-Mart was being stocked, and guess what is making a wally world appearance? K and N filters.

qP2lpFw.jpg

Prices for air filters looked to be between $40-50 for the most part

Malmart stocked them 10 years ago,they didnt sell then and wount sell now.To much.. money for what you get,$50,00 air filters are $35.00 too much for the walMart demographics.

You can bet K&N gave WM a sweet deal to get that shelf space. Makes me wonder what's going to get bumped out...

My concern with K&N Filters at Wal-Mart is what I see now with the Bosch D+ Oil Filters: Folks doing the switcharoo with Fram filters in the boxes for a lower price.

I just don't see the typical Wally World customer buying K&N, but then I think, it's US BIGTOG types buying M1 and PU that they must sell plenty of to keep the price where it is compared to AA and keep stocking.

Or Returning a K&N Filter box with a FRAM in it! I would actually Prefer that. Royal Purple is on Clearance at our WallyWorld here in Wenatchee, only a few 5 quart jugs of 0w-20. Hopefully Bosch Spark plugs, wipers and filters are next to go, then K&N in a year or so. Just not right in a walMart.

There's got to be a pretty fair margin on those K&N sieves. Can't fault a profitable retailer for foisting 'em on naive and uninformed motorists.

Those shelves with the Fram Ultras are far more appealing to me...

They are going to get stolen a lot, and then WM will give up on carrying them.

K&N's are an 'ask for it' item at my store, Canadian Tire, from this experience.

As long as they keep my Frams then I dont care what they put on the shelf
wink.gif
But best wishes to K&N as they branch back into WM.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
I just don't see the typical Wally World customer buying K&N, but then I think, it's US BIGTOG types buying M1 and PU that they must sell plenty of to keep the price where it is compared to AA and keep stocking.

Yup. The same reason that my local Walmart already has Royal Purple on clearance, less than a year after stocking it. It just isn't the profile of the average Walmart customer.

I did notice that, last week when I was in my local Walmart, they were clearing out an area at the end of the shelf where the motor oil is. Perhaps for K&N filters?

They won't get my business. I threw my K&N away after spending a short time here at BITOG, learning about the importance of a quality air filter. You know. One that I can't see all kinds of holes through the media, even without holding it up to the light.

I too was wondering what they were going to do with the extra space they were clearing on the shelves.

I noticed that Wal-Mart has downsized the single quart selection of motor oil. For instance, QS defy is no longer sold in single quart.

I'd rather have single quart defy then a K&N Shelf.

Oh well...

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
They need to put that shelf next to the 50 gallon trash cans for fastest appropriate use.

thumbsup2.gif

I think you are on target. When people come to realize how poor K&N filters are at protecting an engine, they trash it, and put in a real air filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back