US Gov't Fines Honda $70m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
I didn't mean for it to get like this...Was waiting for the same folks from the GM ignition thread to show up who said other companies could be trusted and GM kills. Apparently I didn't do well enough to get them out of the woodwork.

Maybe they are
27.gif
?

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Rice fanboys are the worst.

Tell me about it!

I have actually left sites dedicated to MY car and engine series due to being TOTALLY fed up with all of the ricetard trolls constantly on there starting (or coming into) threads spouting the "infallible reliability" of their "perfect" Nippon devices, while lambasting and flaming on the cars, engines, and manufacturers which are the WHOLE reason for the site.
31.gif
mad.gif

**DISCLAIMER: The above was NOT directed at, nor intended to be inferred about ANY member on THIS site!!**

The warranty claims thing seems odd.

I found that odd as well; I've never seen NHTSA get into warranty claims before. Maybe they have and I've just been unobservant. It's apparently a requirement that automakers report warranty work to the federal government.

Interesting thought: we (collectively) always bellyache about not having accurate and accountable reliability data. If warranty claim information is submitted to the federal government as a matter of practice, I wonder how a guy could gain access to that information.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Tell me about it!

I have actually left sites dedicated to MY car and engine series due to being TOTALLY fed up with all of the ricetard trolls constantly on there starting (or coming into) threads spouting the "infallible reliability" of their "perfect" Nippon devices, while lambasting and flaming on the cars, engines, and manufacturers which are the WHOLE reason for the site.
31.gif
mad.gif

**DISCLAIMER: The above was NOT directed at, nor intended to be inferred about ANY member on THIS site!!**

I think it's the realization that they know deep down their import isn't any better compared to a domestic. An example would be to read about all the Subaru, Honda, etc. problems, but yet I have not had one single problem with my 5 year old Dodge. Nada, nuttin, zilch. They just can't come to grips with it and they flame because you had an issue with your Camaro, Mustang or other domestic trying to verify the myth that imports are better. I will say that the QC on Japanese cars is very good.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
The warranty claims thing seems odd.

I found that odd as well; I've never seen NHTSA get into warranty claims before. Maybe they have and I've just been unobservant. It's apparently a requirement that automakers report warranty work to the federal government.

Interesting thought: we (collectively) always bellyache about not having accurate and accountable reliability data. If warranty claim information is submitted to the federal government as a matter of practice, I wonder how a guy could gain access to that information.

I don't think they are required to report all warranty claims, they are required to report warranty claims on safety items (or presumably that create an unsafe condition) and claims or death or injury.

Warranty claims feed into safety issues. Even stupid stuff like leaking windshields and broken seat adjusters can kill, if neglected and/or the wrong set of circumstances occur.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
35.gif

I just stopped by to see who is going to blame GM for this.
Or Toyota.

Or Ford or Chrysler.

I own a Honda S2000 and while it's a fun car, it's no Corvette. It's not reliable, it's not easy to work on and the parts are not cheap. And, I'm really enjoying the 21MPG and 4000RPM at 70 MPH.

Latest problem: Vtec secondary springs have all collapsed. Why? Because Honda chose to use low quality spring steel.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Tell me about it!

31.gif
mad.gif

They just can't come to grips with it and they flame because you had an issue with your Camaro, Mustang or other domestic trying to verify the myth that imports are better.

The irony is that they did this as a matter of course, as trolls, with NO provocation on our (domestic owners) part, and they refused to believe us when we told them we had no actual problems (besides breaking stock drive line components when the power levels went sky high, on sticky drag race tires).

I got SOOOOOOO sick and tired of hearing how the 2JZGTE was absolutely unbreakable in ANY and ALL scenarios, and was "God's gift" to the engine world, that I just quit that site.
mad.gif

If you hate Japanese car manufactures so much why do you buy/use Japanese oil Sustina 0W20 in your Camaro engine ? Why not using 1 of many American made 0W20 such as M1, Valvoline, Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra ...

Yes, I have LS400 and S2000 and they're made in Japan, I bought those because they were the best in its class at the time I bought them.

No, I didn't seek to buy Sustina oil because I don't think they are better than other 0W20 oils, and they are hard to obtain at local stores.

The fact that someone disagrees with your opinion is not hate.

Expecting agreement on an open forum is a bit naive, as there may be another person with another opinion. What a surprise.

Many of us do not think of Honda as some kind of perfect automaker, I don't think any reasonable person would feel that ANY mfgr was perfect.

This thread was about covering up stuff that led to folks dying. When that happened with GM ignition switches everyone had a huge cow and the thread was gigantic.

This thread is nearly dead already...

The government may fine a company, and collect on it, but the future consumers of that company's goods are the one who paid the fine. And the government sure is not going to share that fine with the consumers who dealt with the initial problem. It will go into the black hole of Washington.

"But due to lapses in quality standards, that time is coming to an end."

Hmm, I suspect it's just an excuse to retire, and deflect some of the blame away from Honda corporate.

Apparently NHTSA has forced yet another expansion of air bag recalls...

We just got a PASSENGER side air bag notice on the Civic.
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back