Help me build a bad oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we all know what makes a great oil filter.

What single characteristic of your least favorite oil filter would you offer up to build the worst Frankenfilter available?

To keep the FRAMpires (thanks jk_636) from [censored] ing themselves to post this first, I'll start it off with this one....

1) Use Purolator's tear prone media.

Originally Posted By: Stewie
K&N low filtration and overpriced

K&N's oil filters are quite good, so i guess you meant a cotton gauze oil filter?

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Made in China.

15.gif

Worst that I ever came across IMO was an hydraulic filter with the pleat closure stapled together...3-4 staples (depending on the person stapling), over about 8" of pleat.

They also convinced me with the in service particle count that the 95% of the media that wasn't stapled still worked the majority of the time.

Like a K&N but instead of a nut on top, a big version of a one-way security head, like:

onewayscrew.jpg

A jiffy lube tech can tighten with his wrench across the flats, but won't be working there in three months when it's time to remove it, somehow. Leave off the knurling, more important things to worry about.

Then take 3614 media and hide it in an FL1A can. "Paint" it with shoe polish so it rusts in two weeks.

Sell it in KMart and Sears, so it never gets any walk-by traffic. Make sure the paper catalog runs out in 1988 and only covers Fairmonts and K-cars. Have Christie Brinkley on the cover and David Brinkley in the centerfold.

Mess up the numbers so a 3387A in your special snowflake brand crosses to a 3614 Fram, and the millimeter difference in thread pitch is just something between friends. Make the baseplate aluminum, so if the threading is off, the tech can just reef it on and retap it as he goes.

Put in a flow restrictor, so if a cam seal leaks, it'll leak less, on account of less oil making it to the heads.

Label its box with date rape drugs in the ink, because china.

Include environmental admonishments to return used oil for recycling, or to compost it if more convenient. Mention cancer on your skin, and include a free harbor freight glove that tears halfway through the job.

Make the customer contact number a 976 pay exchange. Hire Gilbert Gottfried as an operator. Give him a Haynes manual as his sole reference material.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

onewayscrew.jpg

This is a bit OT, but you see a lot of these on restroom stalls.. I never understood the need for them.

Who goes into the bathroom and starts removing stall panels?
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back