Maxlife or Valvoline Import MV (blue bottle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbm

Both of these are spec'd (by Valvolne) for my 2008 Corolla.
The IMV is slightly thicker IIRC. Both are available at AA.
Which would you use in this application and why?
Thanks.

PS: Mr. Valvoline hater shouldn't waste his time responding as I've already had great results using Maxlife in my Elantra.

I prefer viscosity of the Import since TIV starts out in the 7+ CST range. Import makes a good PSF too.

Your NY location, short summer,... would do just fine on Maxlife... and thin will maximize MPG and cool weather flow.

Coin toss.

Originally Posted By: pbm
PS: Mr. Valvoline hater shouldn't waste his time responding as I've already had great results using Maxlife in my Elantra.

A shame how people troll to the point of us having to make these kind of statements.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of Maxlife, but if it were me, I'd go for the IMV first if it meets the specs over the Maxlife.

I used to a hater when I was kid. Impo it's the best oil company out there now it does not burn off like some oils and it's a great cleaning oil . On here the numbers don't look great on voa add pack but the numbers after are real good . Impo just use red maxlife .

I'd likely go with MaxLife because I've used it with positive results in two Hondas specing Z1 and a Tacoma specing DexII/III. And ML is generally less expensive in the gallon jug.

Also, since reading Mola's article linked Improvements in DexronVI over DexronIII I'm not concerned with ML's starting viscosity.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3014880/1/Improvements_in_DexronVI_over_

That said, if starting viscosity is a concern, just go with the IMV. IMO, can't go wrong with either.

I've used maxlife in many corollas, newer and older than yours, with no problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back