Status
Not open for further replies.
Over here.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3620406/1

Next time, use the search
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
LOL

Will this oil be recommended for any of the Euro applications?

Actually I saw the other thread, but this is where sponsors post new products and other similar things.

I imagine only the Euro's that call for a 0W-40 with a matching additive package.

Has anyone seen a virgin oil sample of this ? If not would you assume the additive package is similar to the other signature series oils ?.

Originally Posted By: JSRT4
Has anyone seen a virgin oil sample of this ? If not would you assume the additive package is similar to the other signature series oils ?.

That would be correct. It's not as highly additized as the EFM 5W-40, but it's above a low SAPS oil, just above a mid SAPS. High calcium and 800-900ppm Zn.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: JSRT4

That would be correct. It's not as highly additized as the EFM 5W-40, but it's above a low SAPS oil, just above a mid SAPS. High calcium and 800-900ppm Zn.

Sounds good !

Originally Posted By: NWOHIO
what is the API rating on this oil ?

From the link Pablo posted:

Quote:
It is recommended for all domestic and foreign vehicles requiring any of the listed performance specifications:

0W-40 (AZF): API SN, SM…; Chrysler MS-12633, MS-10725, MS-10850; Nissan GT-R®

your answer API SN, SM…

I had heard that Amsoil stopped having their oils certified at
SL --

see their website where they have a long 3 page writing on this
and other topics. I think they make mention of only 5 of 30 being
certified --

It "meets" the SN spec or it would not be on their data sheets. It may not have been 'certified' but AMSOIL stands behind its printing and products. It meets SN specs... thats all I would need to be comfortable.

I changed out the winter HDD 5W-30 to AZF 0W-40.

Threaded on a Black OEM Subaru OF. Filled with the AZF and was pleasanty surprised by the nice light fruity estery aroma of this oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back