The Brian Williams Debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav

Of course its easier to enjoy life when your on the dole. LOL

Funny how some of the reddest states have the highest percentage of folks on public assistance
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Of course its easier to enjoy life when your on the dole. LOL

Funny how some of the reddest states have the highest percentage of folks on public assistance
smile.gif

Yep the blue side of the red....I'm from 5 generations all born and raised in Arizona. Arizona is nothing like it used to be, saw it coming back in the 90's. Glad I got out of there.....

It would be interesting to see a county by county layout. I.E. how are the counties of each state, red and blue voting vs benefits received?

Of course, I've wondered why those in the blue states want federal laws to force benefits to those in red states where they are voting against such programs.

If they don't want it, why force them to be part of that federal program?

Let the Red and Blue states each govern according to their philosophies using money collected solely in those states.

I will continue to use Fox News as my main news source and also some online news sources. Even if Fox News can be accused of being somewhat rightwing all the other main stream news media sources are leftwing, so there needs to be a counterweight. Also, Fox News will bring leftwing, even extremely leftwing people on to their various shows.

Some people complain about too much commentary at Fox News. Well, they cover the news but they also go in depth and they can't just have somebody read a teleprompter all day long. That would get boring. They are a news channel (national Fox News). They have to have the other programs like O'Reilly and M. Kelley and so forth.

I frequently find Fox News will cover stories that the other news networks will not even cover and often Fox News has news about things that happen that the other new networks will not cover for weeks or even months later.

Charles Payne is excellent. I see him sometimes on Fox News. But I don't get the Fox Business Channel and I wish I did.

Sour grapes i say and the numbers prove it.
The left media is losing big time and rightfully so. Your in the minority chief. LOL
Turned on Fox new just now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/30/fox-news-cable-news-ratings_n_6398220.html

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/2014-cable-news-ratings-cnn-beats-msnbc-in-primetime-demo-fox-still-1/

There you go. Pigeonholing me into one category or another.

TS0002BIG.jpg

Fox is an agenda driven propaganda machine. They are force feeding "conservatives" what they want to hear

No question about it. MSNBC has seen the success of Fox News and has patterned their business model after it from a left point of view. Just as bad...maybe worse. Just a couple of pages ago, I was lamenting that Al Jazeera America is being touted as a legitimate news source. That goes against what I perceive - that Al Jazeera is a terrorist soap box.

I want news. Unpoliticized, non-partisan, non-propaganda news. Neither Fox nor MSNBC deliver that and CNN is kinda' a joke.

Well, you can start by not deflecting the Brian Williams thread with Fox News attacks.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
Sour grapes i say and the numbers prove it.
The left media is losing big time and rightfully so. Your in the minority chief. LOL
Turned on Fox new just now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/30/fox-news-cable-news-ratings_n_6398220.html

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/2014-cable-news-ratings-cnn-beats-msnbc-in-primetime-demo-fox-still-1/

There you go. Pigeonholing me into one category or another.

TS0002BIG.jpg

Fox is an agenda driven propaganda machine. They are force feeding "conservatives" what they want to hear

No question about it. MSNBC has seen the success of Fox News and has patterned their business model after it from a left point of view. Just as bad...maybe worse. Just a couple of pages ago, I was lamenting that Al Jazeera America is being touted as a legitimate news source. That goes against what I perceive - that Al Jazeera is a terrorist soap box.

I want news. Unpoliticized, non-partisan, non-propaganda news. Neither Fox nor MSNBC deliver that and CNN is kinda' a joke.

Well good luck with that. There aren't any networks that will deliver the so-called "unpoliticized, non-partisan, non-propaganda news". Your best bet is to watch all networks and form your opinions/analysis on what you read and hear.

Your best bet is to watch all networks and form your opinions/analysis on what you read and hear. [/quote]

Exactly! I don't want B. Williams or any other "talking head" to tell me what to think!
They should just read the news and keep their "take" on it to themselves!

Originally Posted By: sir1900

Well good luck with that. There aren't any networks that will deliver the so-called "unpoliticized, non-partisan, non-propaganda news". Your best bet is to watch all networks and form your opinions/analysis on what you read and hear.

I do.

And as a result I am willing to amend my original assessment of Bill O'Reilly's claim.

It appears that he was indeed in harm's way. Just not in a combat operation.

He was reporting on a protest that turned to a riot and the police responded with deadly force.

This was on the Argentine mainland. He was not in combat operations during the Falklands War any more than a reporter at Kent State University was a "Combat Reporter in Vietnam." Both would be in a dangerous and potentially deadly situation but neither were in actual combat.

And just a simple question-Was O'Reilly and his crew even allowed to go to the Falkland Islands?

How many reporters are in Syria reporting about what is going on there? Extremely dangerous (ISIS) and the Syrian regime probably does not allow much outside reporting anyway. Nobody wants to wind up with their heads cut off.

O'Reilly has been all over the world and in several dangerous situations.

I think he was working for CBS at the time of the Falklands War and he had to go into his basement and he managed to find a document from CBS praising his reporting and the performance of his news crew. CBS had no problem with his reporting.

And look how this post has gone off course. Some people are so eager to bash Fox News they can't discuss just Brian Williams.

Personally, I hate to see anybody lose their job. Of course, right now Brian Williams is just suspended for 6 months without pay (5 million dollars).

But there is video and testimony from various sources that he was distorting the news and even making stuff up. I have no idea what his problems are but it is simply unacceptable for a news organization to put up with the news being distorted and a news anchor possibly even making up stories. It goes way beyond just a few stories. People have done some research and more things have come up.

Maybe NBC was ready for a change anyway. Williams had been there a long time.

I can think of a woman I know (I have not really talked to her about this) who is probably very upset because she watched Brian Williams and NBC all the time and we would get into arguments about NBC News vs Fox News. But I am not even going to bring it up unless she does and if she does I will try to be very gracious. If it was the other way around and somebody at Fox had done all of this I know she would have pounded me with that.

All in all if one calculated the lies from the leftist media and the liberal left politicians,most always to fit the narrative they want, you'd find the total far outweighs that of the right.....and they are bigger lies as well. Look no further than Obamacare.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Spazdog

ALL mainstream Media (ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, NY Times, etc., etc.) are agenda driven propaganda machines. They are force feeding the sheep what they want them to believe.

Fixed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back