Castrol TWS 10W-60 available at O'Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea TWS was available at a mainstream auto parts store.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail...6&ppt=C0252

Always thought the BMW dealer, euro speciality retailers like Turner Motorsports, and BMW indy repair shops were the only sources.

$12.99/liter is not an earthshaking deal but with the BMW dealer moving to Shell products, it's good to know I can get TWS locally in a couple of days.

Originally Posted By: CrawfishTails
Thats Redline 10w-60 prices there!

The BMW dealerships could just get this stuff for their M customers until Pennzoil catches up.

It costs that much or more at the dealers too.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
The Shell product is already circulating.

At dealerships and places like Turner Motorsports, etc. or in discount auto parts stores?

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

At dealerships and places like Turner Motorsports, etc. or in discount auto parts stores?

New Shell BMW oil is at Dealership and online shops like Turner. I doubt you will see "BMW" labeled oil ever at discount retailers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ammolab

New Shell BMW oil is at Dealership and online shops like Turner. I doubt you will see "BMW" labeled oil ever at discount retailers.

Clearly BMW Shell is going to be available at the "usual" places for top dollar.

The point of the thread is to explore availability of TWS in discount commercial markets since Castrol can't peddle it at BMW anymore.

Castrol has always been more aggressive in getting niche and new products out there than SOPUS.

SOPUS changes direction like an aircraft carrier.

Witness the introduction by SOPUS of a Euro 5W-40 last year when the rest of the oil industry had already moved on to Euro 0W-40.

Also, Castrol had 0W-20 Edge sitting on the shelf at auto parts stores 2-3 years before I saw the first bottle of 0W-20 PP.

Witness the introduction by SOPUS of a Euro 5W-40 last year when the rest of the oil industry had already moved on to Euro 0W-40.

SOPUS had a 5w-40 Euro oil out there for quite a number of years, but it was predominantly available online only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back