AGIP/ENI oil for track driven Toyota GT86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, new here.
Would like to have some help in the selection of oil.
Driving a Toyota GT86 on track and this year I will also compete in the Time Attack.

My questions are as follows, has been driving Mobile ESP Formula 5W30 on track last year.
The car is running original on Toyota 0w20 oil, but find that too be too thin for my taste
frown.gif

This year I will be sponsored by a guy who deals with AGIP / ENI oils and choose among viscosities.

So my question should be, what would you who have knowledge of oils, opt for oil to drive on from AGIP / ENI range that suits my engine, and is capable of 20min session at a time, and about 4-5 times on a racing day.

Would prefer that the oil is capable of at least 2 Track days and little everyday driving, will change the oil 4-5 times in a season at least.

The car Never runs autumn or winter periods

Greetings
Fredrik
(Sweden)

5W-30 synthetic should be fine unless you're seeing oil temps North of 270F. Then I'd go 40 or 50 weight. Might not hurt to overfill by half a quart.

Originally Posted By: zpinch
Redline or Amsoil racing oil

do not think you really understand what I was asking.
Standing of the main subject that I get Agip / Eni oils in sponsorship, no other brands unfortunately

welcome2.gif
Fredrick

Yours is an application filled with great controversy on the site.

Your engine is specced with 0W20 (in most countries), and has an engine safety management system that kicks in if the oil temps get to a point that Toyota/Subaru deem the 20 doesn't provide protection...that CAN occur on the track.

Increasing the viscosity will provide better protection on the track, but may increase oil temperatures, kicking the safeties in earlier.

Some advise that an oil cooler must be fitted, so that the 0W20 will suffice.

Others advise that Toyota (US) in some of their track cars have disabled the protection, and run 5W30, while others demonstrate that
in Europe, Toyota run 10W60

As you wish to stick to your sponsor's products (naturally), I'd run
http://travel.eni.com/catalog/products/documents/001016_1_en_IT_1_101.pdf

Originally Posted By: Fricke

Standing of the main subject that I get Agip / Eni oils in sponsorship, no other brands unfortunately

Sorry, seemed to have missed that.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
welcome2.gif
Fredrick

Yours is an application filled with great controversy on the site.

Your engine is specced with 0W20 (in most countries), and has an engine safety management system that kicks in if the oil temps get to a point that Toyota/Subaru deem the 20 doesn't provide protection...that CAN occur on the track.

Increasing the viscosity will provide better protection on the track, but may increase oil temperatures, kicking the safeties in earlier.

Some advise that an oil cooler must be fitted, so that the 0W20 will suffice.

Others advise that Toyota (US) in some of their track cars have disabled the protection, and run 5W30, while others demonstrate that
in Europe, Toyota run 10W60

As you wish to stick to your sponsor's products (naturally), I'd run
http://travel.eni.com/catalog/products/documents/001016_1_en_IT_1_101.pdf

Oh sorry, forgot to mention that I installed a Perrin oil cooler kit and a Innovate MTX-D oil pressure and temperature gauge, so I can get the warning when the pressure or the temperature step outside the comfort zone
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Fricke

Sorry, seemed to have missed that.

No bigi
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back