Any way to improve mobile phone signal in my room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to put "apartment" but, alas, too long.

I have Metro PCS and the reception up in my apartment is very, very bad, and only works by the window. I have a Samsung Galaxy Mega, however, I feel that perhaps the signal itself is the issue?

Any way to boost signal strength? Or would that be a "no." ? (*again: Metro PCS)

Amazing the number of people that have this issue...the reception is so bad in my brother's house, they have to go outside!!

That's just nuts.....

Contact your service provider. Many are willing to provide a "cell phone range extender" for an area in which they SAY they provide service but where it is not satisfactory. If they opt not to help you because you are in one of their "we do not serve" areas you can Google "cell phone range extender" and see what''s out there to buy. You could also consider a WiFi enabled phone which would use your home WiFi to route the calls out instead of through the cell tower system, but it only works with a WiFi setup. T Mobile has an "I Phone" clone which does WiFi for less than 100 bucks. YOu don't pay cell rates when using your own (or someone elses') WiFi. You can do internet with a WiFi enabled phone too.

Last edited:
It depends, the Sprint one we used to have had a maximum of four concurrent users. It also had two modes, open and closed. If you set it to closed it would only accept calls from specified numbers and reject any others. Plus it will only work with that carrier.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
IIRC, a femtocell also benefits other similiar service users,too, that are nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back