Who makes Ford Motorcraft oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
conoco phillips makes their oil and it is pretty good stuff it used to be cheap its not so cheap these days maybe think of quaker state ultimate durability $21.00 at wal mart. That price was creeping up also if it gets any higher that oil will be priced out of the box but for now its ok.

Saw it today for $15 for 5 qt jug. Might try it out. I have always liked Mobil 1 but am open to trying some others. There are so many good oils available now.

CP also make the sister oils, Kendall GT-1 and Trop Artic. Both also excellent .

Ford spec is quite close to Honda spec fwiw.

Not particularly cheap, but a $39 mc change and tire rotation at the quicklane beats the heck out of jiffy lube.

Originally Posted By: wemay
CP also make the sister oils, Kendall GT-1 and Trop Artic. Both also excellent .

Trop Artic puts up some excellent UOAs. I can't believe people pick it up on sale for under $2 a quart. If I had it available around me, I'd pick up a few OCIs worth once I finished my stash of Kendal GT-1 full synthetic.

The KIA dealership I bought my KIA Rio at uses CP synthetic blend for oil changes. The guy said it is basically Kendall. He also said that all Kia's have CP as factory fill.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sicko

Trop Artic puts up some excellent UOAs. I can't believe people pick it up on sale for under $2 a quart.

Orschelns is a chain farm supply store in the midwest that regularly has TropArtic for $1.99/quart. I'd consider it a Motorcraft oil clone.

I use trip artic too, I've gone through about 4 cases on my Camry, I used to feel I was somehow sacrificing something, but I'm over it now, great oil for the price.

Trop Artic is a real sleeper oil don't let the price fool you it is great stuff it will stand up well against a bunch of oils that cost far more.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: sicko

Trop Artic puts up some excellent UOAs. I can't believe people pick it up on sale for under $2 a quart.

Orschelns is a chain farm supply store in the midwest that regularly has TropArtic for $1.99/quart. I'd consider it a Motorcraft oil clone.

This is what I use for most of my vehicles and I just bought two cases at Orschelns for $1.99/quart. I'm thinking of getting another case. I think the sale is on until March 6th. It is normally $3.59/quart there.

Wayne

Some say motor craft synthetic blend is $15. That's not what I am see. $17.97. At my local walmart. Oil price went up???

Wayne I picked up 15 gallons to the Tropic Arctic at $1.99 a quart. I thought it said the sale ended on the 8th but did not have my reading glasses on. Got rain checks for 6 more gallon.

Most of our stuff calls for 30 weight but have two calling for 5W-20. Thought about only going with 5W-30 but picked up some 5W-20. The Towncar at 160K miles would be fine with it I expect but the 63K mile Dakota 3.7L is was the main reason I got some 5W-20.

Some of the numbers were a tad better for 5W-30 vs 10W-30 so I will use 5W-30 for the 10W-30 engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back