Odd experience at Florida Hyundai dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Thanks but the Outback is a 3 year/36K lease--all under warranty.
Calling all high priests of BITOG; please give him "the sermon"!

Call off the priests. I did my research, using several different sources. I know Subaru corrected the piston ring problem mid-year on the 2014 models. If I get burned on a 2015, it will be my last Subaru.

Ford does not use recall stickers anymore. Everything is recorded into OASIS. A lot of other manufacturers are the same way. They do not use Emissions Calibration stickers anymore. When you connect the IDS the current calibration comes up on the screen.

Also as far as finding other open campaigns, when the OASIS report comes up, it lists any that are open on the vehicle, we are required to perform any that are open.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Ford does not use recall stickers anymore. Everything is recorded into OASIS. A lot of other manufacturers are the same way. They do not use Emissions Calibration stickers anymore. When you connect the IDS the current calibration comes up on the screen.

Also as far as finding other open campaigns, when the OASIS report comes up, it lists any that are open on the vehicle, we are required to perform any that are open.

Thanks. Good information.

"lease" is a four letter word here or to put it another way, it is like red meat for all the wolves of the BITOG :) I am surprised that you have not been mauled yet :)

Manufacturers take fraudulent recall claims seriously. I forget the specifics, but we found an issue on a customer's Mazda and the fix would have been a recall. We read warranty history and found that the recall was supposedly performed at another dealership, but the recall part was not on the vehicle. We contacted MNAO and they sent an inspector out to the vehicle to verify. We took care of the customer, and the offending technician at another dealership was terminated.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Manufacturers take fraudulent recall claims seriously. I forget the specifics, but we found an issue on a customer's Mazda and the fix would have been a recall. We read warranty history and found that the recall was supposedly performed at another dealership, but the recall part was not on the vehicle. We contacted MNAO and they sent an inspector out to the vehicle to verify. We took care of the customer, and the offending technician at another dealership was terminated.

Now this is the kind of integrity I want to see as
the standard.

Many times the first step of the recall is to inspect to determine if the vehicle needs the corrective action in the recall. If it is, the work is done. If it is not, it is crossed off the list. Either way the recall is closed for that vehicle. So you confirmed they actually did something?

Originally Posted By: JetStar
Many times the first step of the recall is to inspect to determine if the vehicle needs the corrective action in the recall. If it is, the work is done. If it is not, it is crossed off the list. Either way the recall is closed for that vehicle. So you confirmed they actually did something?

Yup, and we have a few campaigns now where we cannot order parts until the car has been inspected. Like we cannot order through normal channels and have to call a hotline for each car and answer a series of questions.

When I had the motor mount changed on the Focus in October, I scheduled the first appointment in the morning. It was changed in 10 minutes. There was a huge change in cabin noise / vibrations and the new motor mount has my name on it - so they legitimately changed it in 10 minutes.

That dealer sees quite a few Focii with bad passenger side mounts. Unlike the one here in Syracuse that has never heard of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back