Alignment done. Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 4 new tires and the alignment done this afternoon. Can't believe the difference in the ride just from tires.

But...

I have the printout showing the before and after from the alignment. However, while there is no pulling, the wheel is now slightly off center -- just slightly. I need to take it back, right? Am I going to warp my frame driving to work tonight?

What went wrong here?

This was done at a shop with a very good reputation.

Last edited:
The technician was too lazy to center the steering wheel, and will argue with you if you bring the car back, even though your factory service manual will state that it's part of the job.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
The technician was too lazy to center the steering wheel, and will argue with you if you bring the car back, even though your factory service manual will state that it's part of the job.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winnAr
shocked2.gif
20.gif

Warp your frame??? Just to clarify, since you didnt explicitly mention, is it the steering wheel or a wheel? If it's the steering wheel then no.

If the wheel came straight from the factory then it CAN be straight again or something is too bent and should have been replaced. In fact some new cars new the zero point recalibrate or it will throw a code eventually and affect electric steering feel on one of the turning motions.

Originally Posted By: slowdime
Warp your frame??? Just to clarify, since you didnt explicitly mention, is it the steering wheel or a wheel? If it's the steering wheel then no.

My bad. Steering wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back