Planning UOA run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an IS250 that I wanted to do a UOA on, and I wanted to do extended runs (>5kMi). I figured I'd use my 5qts of GC 0w40 a qt of 5w20 and 5w30 each(Mobil1). According to my calculator based on advertised viscosity it should come out as a stout 30wt at 12.485 cSt. Don't really care about the winter rating because it hasn't been cold here at all, ever. I want it thicker to handle the fuel over the 10k miles, and because thinner boosted oil consumption with no benefit. I'm also running a different filter this run (FULL brand), which from research seems like a good, but unknown brand. I will swap the filter out at 5K, and use the M1 or Chevron 5w30 to top it back up at the change. Top offs first 5k will be M1 and last 5K Chevron. Anything to consider ? I have a couple months until I change oil, and I want to get it done right the first time.

Because I'm not certain that chevron would be good for the whole 10 k run but 5 k holds up

Fuel dilution, and well the engine will play with oil in a long oci. I feel wasteful dumping M1 every 5k, but don't want to switch to dino. Also want to know th fe si and pb cu levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back