I need HELP. 2007 Ford Focus 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was checking fluids and other things over on my vehicles this morning when my hand hit and broke this line.

http://s288.photobucket.com/user/espnclassic20002000/slideshow/

The numbers on it, which I have used to try and find the part unsuccessfully are: 4s4e-6853-ab. m536k>pa6
This line runs from the air intake, just after the filter box, it is actually intsered into the rubber hose, to the top of the valve cover on the driver side of the engine.

What is this line? Where can I get a replacement? ASAP. My wife and I need to get to work tomorrow at roughly the same time, but we work about 30 miles from each other. (This predicament leaves us with one car.)

From Ford. In the meantime I would try to couple it together till a new one can be purchased. Also if you have any salvage yards open on Sunday, might be an option.

repair it yourself for now. That is most likely a FoMoCo or motorcraft dealer part. Soak your line in warm water and insert a double barbed fitting to repair it. You can get this at napa, lowes, etc.

0810620.jpg

Just cut the broken ends off with a razor knife so it doesn't crack further and connect with a piece of tight fitting fuel hose. Lube the hose with WD40 if necessary, you want a tight fit.
You want to keep the I.D. of the pipe as close to original as possible as not to cause possible further breakage or a reduced flow issue and possibly a CEL, easier done with a hose than a fitting IMO.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Just cut the broken ends off with a razor knife so it doesn't crack further and connect with a piece of tight fitting fuel hose. Lube the hose with WD40 if necessary, you want a tight fit.
You want to keep the I.D. of the pipe as close to original as possible as not to cause possible further breakage or a reduced flow issue and possibly a CEL, easier done with a hose than a fitting IMO.

Yeah, I would try a auto parts stor and have them try several hoses to find one that fits tightly over the plastic. Will get you by until you can find another. A ford dealer would likely have to order in the part anyway.

Most parts stores should carry them. You may have to go in and have them look it up so you can see the pictures on their screen. They usually carry more parts than you can find on their web sites. The good suggestions above will work temporarily.

Originally Posted By: another Todd
Can you wrap it with tape until you can replace it? Silicone self fusing tape works very well, but any tape will do in a pinch.

Don't use anything silicone near the air intake. The outgases may hurt your O2 sensor.

Last edited:
Just a quick update. I put a small dab of super glue on it to hold it in place and then I warped a few layers of duct tape around it for now. No CEL and I watched it for a few minutes while I let it warm up this morning (-18*F) and it looks to be holding up well. I will have a chance to run to the junk yard across town during lunch today to get a replacement part.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
Originally Posted By: another Todd
Can you wrap it with tape until you can replace it? Silicone self fusing tape works very well, but any tape will do in a pinch.

Don't use anything silicone near the air intake. The outgases may hurt your O2 sensor.

You have a valid point there. That said. does anybody know if silicone self fusing tape has an off-gassing issue? It's not like silicone sealant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back