Chrome: Your connection is not private

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Google Chrome ran into another issue while trying to access Yahoo or Google web sites:

Your connection is not private due to Net:err_cert_authority_invalid

I have reset the setting and even downloaded Chrome again to no avail. I searched the internet for solutions but could not find a definite quick fix. Firefox and Comodo Dragon browsers are working fine. This is a Chrome issue and seems to be very common.

Please help. Thanks.

I have wiped my PC's of Chrome. I also felt like it was a resource hog.Go with Firefox.

Google Chrome does not support chained certificate enrollment and you can't use some other browser to collect your certificate because the private key was generated using Chrome.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Google Chrome does not support chained certificate enrollment and you can't use some other browser to collect your certificate because the private key was generated using Chrome.

Is the real purpose of this new Chrome feature to ensure Chrome being the sole browser on a PC device such as Chrome Book?

Originally Posted By: JBinTX30
Are you running any extensions?

How do I check if I am using extension?

Click the custom and settings button (top right corner looks like 3 bars) then click settings then on the left click extensions if you have any they will be listed.

But seeing as you have re downloaded it I don't think you have any.

I know I had that happen to me before and what actually did work was clearing the history and content from the beginning of time and checking each box.

Also try these 3 things (one of which i do)
1.Flush DNS as well just in case (open CMD type “ipconfig /flushdns” and click enter)
2.Disconnected from the Network for couple of Minutes and connected back again.
3.Cache has been deleted for "beginning of the Time" Tools>Options>Under The Hood>Clear Browsing History and a Quick “Restart” of the Machine

It should work just doing 1 and 3 if it doesn't you can try all 3.

There are 7 extensions currently on my Chrome. When I re-downloaded Chrome, the process was strangely quick. Maybe it detect the current version of Chrome and did not do anything.

Originally Posted By: JBinTX30
I know I had that happen to me before and what actually did work was clearing the history and content from the beginning of time and checking each box.

Also try these 3 things (one of which i do)
1.Flush DNS as well just in case (open CMD type “ipconfig /flushdns” and click enter)
2.Disconnected from the Network for couple of Minutes and connected back again.
3.Cache has been deleted for "beginning of the Time" Tools>Options>Under The Hood>Clear Browsing History and a Quick “Restart” of the Machine

It should work just doing 1 and 3 if it doesn't you can try all 3.

I did all 3 followed by re-boot and the issue is now gone.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Glad it worked.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
For good privacy you could consider a TOR browser with a VPN.

To do what exactly? Email and Facebook?

Any company specifically in business of selling advertising to you based upon your browsing (i.e. google) is obviously going to want to have access to the connection and monitor what is going on. I suspect that they also read gmail email messages and other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back