Proxy war - a new (?) Anti Gun tactic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
“In the course of that dialogue, Wal-Mart could not explain why it had decided not to sell handguns or high capacity magazines as a separate accessory but is willing to sell rifles equipped with such magazines,” the Rev. James Cooper of Trinity said in a June 2014 affidavit.

Great point. Walmart needs to get with the program and offer handguns.

Around here WMT stopped selling guns and ammo, it goes with the turf I guess. Eastern Long Island still has them.

April 2003: "Wal-Mart agreed Friday to immediately suspend sales of rifles and shotguns in its 118 California stores, following nearly 500 violations of state firearms laws in six stores.

In two cases, a store sold guns to felons, according to Attorney General Bill Lockyer, who announced the agreement with the retail giant."

Apparently their own clerks did them in here on gun sales. I still buy name brand ammo there.

The call for shareholder control appeals to the media that supports the idea of fundamental change in the new America. There is a belief that shareholder control of public companies would benefit the shareholders themselves, that is the people with the money. Their position is that a person or organization that has money to invest knows better how a public company should operate from day to day. They believe that corporations must be brought to their knees and control put in the hands of groups that are their to protect us against the misguided concepts of a Constitution that does not serve their purposes. They know that if they state their case loud enough and often enough that they will succeed. All that is needed is to get the message out their and the media is there to serve.

The Waltons invited this when they went public with the company. Don't like it? Start your own *mart.

Originally Posted By: Al
Walmart is useless with respect to ammo and guns.

Wal-Mart sells more guns AND ammo in the US than any other entity. How is that "useless"?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Around here WMT stopped selling guns and ammo, it goes with the turf I guess. Eastern Long Island still has them.

Wow; that is hard to believe. Both that there are WM's on eastern LI AND that they sell G+A.

Our local Walmart here is always out of stock on almost every hand gun round. Maybe a few rifle rounds. I can go to any local sporting goods and find well stock ammo of any type. Same as Cabelas and Pro Bass Shop too. I don't know why Walmart can't get ammo here when everyone else can?

My WM still has some ammo, but no longer has firearms. When they did sell firearms, they were quite cost competitive. AR's for $599, 308 AR-10 (type) for $899 and all forms of bolt action rifles for at least $100 lower than the local gun retailer. About $600 less than Gander Mountain now wants (hahahaha, just a joke, but GM is really expensive)

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Wal-Mart sells more guns AND ammo in the US than any other entity. How is that "useless"?

See the above posts. They never have ammo. And I can buy cheaper elsewhere.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Hoarders.

The thing that bugs me is if this church group doesn't like what a company in their investment portfolio does, why don't they just sell off their stock and buy into a company that does meet their criteria?

Instead they have to huff and puff and try to take their idea of a moral high road and tell a company what they should and shouldn't do. Article says they own about 300k in Wal-Mart stock... That's not even a hill of beans in the scheme of things. So some small time little church with very, very little shares (compared to what's out there) has it in their heads that they can tell a company what to do? Stupid. Just imagine what it'd be like if all the different shareholders tried to direct a company to their own personal likeing- they could have a company going so many different directions at one time that they could end up losing money, which is obviously NOT the point of investing. Want to make money? Leave it to the people who are paid to run it. Want to control the direction of a company? Get a job there and influence it from within.

Also raises the question of what's next? That's the LAST thing that I want- a church trying to tell us what's right for our market. Anything that any church with a portfolio doesn't like or agree with could possibly be next. Businesses that sell birth control? Sunday hours? Guns? Hunting related gear? Provocative clothing? This can potentially have very wide and far reaching effects. Not good... not good at all!

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
Hoarders.

Yea its nuts I know people who have many 10's of thousands of ammo and still buy as many rounds of .22 LR as they can. Unreal

I stopped shooting .22 bc of that. I am not going to play that game. I now shoot trap.

Last edited:
Yeah - we've gone down the "hoarder" rabbit hole before...

Look, most ammo is cheap right now. If you've got a favorite caliber, I would advocate stocking up...not hoarding, just buying when the price is low (one tries to do this with stocks as part of an investment strategy...I did this with home heating oil when I used that product...). Over time, you'll save $$ if you're able to accurately predict your shooting requirements and buy the ammo in advance, not at a time when the price is high. WM is OK, but it's attracted all the nut job profiteers (not hoarders, folks who buy at WM, then unload the ammo on poor folks that are willing to pay far more), so I never know what they've got in stock. Sometimes, there are some good deals, sometimes the shelves are empty.

.22LR is back in stock at my LGS. I don't care for the .10/round price. But since I've not seen it in a while, I picked up a brick. If the price goes down, I'll buy some more. If the price goes up, I'll wait. It's like dollar cost averaging...

Seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back