Pennzoil Synthetic ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
2cofyh1.jpg

SOPUS has a synthetic 3309 fluid for all those AW Saabs, Volvos, and Toyotas.
PN on receipt was 550035073.

Thanks for the datasheet. Keep seeing the multivehicle "blend" and was surprised that a full synthetic ATF was available.

Was $5qt sale price at pepboys. Had them order me two cases. Hope the synth shows up.

RoyalPurple $15/qt
Mobil1 $10/qt
Valvoline Import $7-7.19/qt
Pennzoil Synthetic $4.90/qt

Not only suited, but like most newer ATFs... better!

Found its clone:
http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_GTDS_Shell_Spirax_S5_ATF_X_(en)_TDS.pdf

Spirax S5 X

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
SOPUS has a synthetic 3309 fluid for all those AW Saabs, Volvos, and Toyotas.
PN on receipt was 550035073.

Thanks for the datasheet. Keep seeing the multivehicle "blend" and was surprised that a full synthetic ATF was available.

Was $5qt sale price at pepboys. Had them order me two cases. Hope the synth shows up.

RoyalPurple $15/qt
Mobil1 $10/qt
Valvoline Import $7-7.19/qt
Pennzoil Synthetic $4.90/qt

When was the sale ? Is it still on sale now ?

Hmmmm! I think that my local PB's has this ATF on their discount table a few months ago for ~ $3.00/qt so, it's probably all gone now! But, if I get a chance, I may drive over and recheck.

I wonder how well this would work as Ford power steering fluid. It states that it can be used where Mercon and Mercon V is used.

Both the Pennzoil and it's QS clone are great value synthetic ATF Fluids. Menards carries the QS clone. It was recently on sale for $4.27 QT and the 15% bag made it about $3.65 QT. Notice the wording on the back of the QS bottles is identical to the PZ bottle? Spec sheets are the the same too. I've been using QS in my '98 Toyota Sienna for both the Transmission and Power Steering. No issues.

Hello, To 01_celica_gt: You beat me to it re MaxLife-even though I don't want to be berated by that "anti-MaxLife guy".

Question: How much is MaxLife at YOUR Walmart? The WM nearest me is very weak in the automotive fluid department.

At AutoZones near me the MaxLife product is pretty near $20 a gallon. That's just a little more than $4.70/qt.

I can't seem to find the Pennzoil or QS in my area. Too bad. Looks great.

Finally somebody found my Penn.atf!!... I've been using this for my 2001 Camry for the last year, I usually get it for $4.50-5.50 a quart, I like the fact it's synthetic, Pennzoil and not overly thin v like maxlife, the Penn.atf can be hard to find though.

Exactly, I use these exact two atf's as the same thing, but you just confirmed my suspicion that they are the same thing, my Toyota seems just fine on them and ib like the fact they aren't Max life thin. Yet still synthetic.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Hello, To 01_celica_gt: You beat me to it re MaxLife-even though I don't want to be berated by that "anti-MaxLife guy".

Question: How much is MaxLife at YOUR Walmart? The WM nearest me is very weak in the automotive fluid department.

At AutoZones near me the MaxLife product is pretty near $20 a gallon. That's just a little more than $4.70/qt.

$16.97 for a gallon of maxlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back