Where To Buy Mobil 1 TDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
Ok quick question, I decided to try Mobil 1 TDT 5w40 for my next oil change. I bought a 4 quart jug at Walmart and they don't have single quarts (my car takes 4.5 quarts and burns 1/2 a quart in about 10k miles). Neither Oreillys or Autozone have single quarts either. I won't pay ebay's $13 for a quart or Amazon's $20 for a quart. I also won't buy another gallon jug. Anybody know where to buy single quarts? If not I'll just return it and buy something else. I'd rather not mix so I can have a consistent UOA after 10k miles.

Thanks

Shell's Rotella T6 5W-40 comes in a 5-quart jug if I recall correctly. Mixing with a similar spec'd oil shouldn't be a problem; the #1 thing is for you to feel comfortable with your purchase.

Mobil 1 TDT and T6 are both interchangeable and excellent oils.

why wouldn't you just buy a second gallon.. sounds childish.

you would have aprox 2 qts left? and use them for top up during next oil change?

or do 2 back to back changes with tdt = 3 gallon?

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
Shell's Rotella T6 5W-40 comes in a 5-quart jug if I recall correctly.

You recall incorrectly, sir.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Rand

you would have aprox 2 qts left? and use them for top up during next oil change?

or do 2 back to back changes with tdt = 3 gallon?
Because I'd like to do a UOA and see how it comes out. This is because I have the correct VW spec oil in it now and I'll do a UOA, and I'd like to compare it to a non-specced oil for my car (Mobil 1 TDT). I'd have 3 quarts leftover if I decide not to go with the TDT, sounds like a waste to me. If I'm gonna spend $60 on oil I can just buy the correct spec oil for my car from the dealer.

Wow. Finally something good about canadian oil...

We get Rotella T6 in a 5 liter jug, which equals 5.3 quarts.

And Mobil 1 jugs are 4.4 liter, about 4.65 quarts...

Your US gallon jugs are too small... how many cars take 4 or less quarts of oil...?

Not many...

$8.99 per QT. at Advanced auto parts. If it's not on the shelf you can have them special order it.

Originally Posted By: 29662
$8.99 per QT. at Advanced auto parts. If it's not on the shelf you can have them special order it.
Undortunately we don't have AAP out here. Maybe I'll go to Napa tomorrow.

I can't recall ever seeing M1 TDT in quart bottles.
I have seen RT6 in quart bottles at Walmart, but the gallon jug is a better value.

Originally Posted By: geeman789

Your US gallon jugs are too small... how many cars take 4 or less quarts of oil...?

Not many...

These oils aren't marketed to the PCMO market.

Originally Posted By: Rand

+1 I only buy in 4 or 5 quart containers unless I am going on a trip and want an extra quart or two in a sealed container. The kids car gets any frankenblend from the leftovers... or the OPE gets it but none is ever wasted.

Last edited:

Not many...

A whole lot of 4 cylinder Camrys take 3.8 or so.

Went into Pep Boys and they don't have it either. They can't even order it. Oh well I'll just return it.

Not many...

1 gallon (4 quarts) vs. 4.63 quarts. That's a huge difference!
laugh.gif

If a jug isn't enough, buy another jug.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back