Purchased and Iphone 6 today

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beloved HTC one M7 decided to start only calling on speaker phone a couple days ago. I have been eligible via Verizon Edge to "edge-up" at anytime, so i went ahead and traded my device in on a black/grey Iphone 6. So far im satisfied with it. I liked my HTC, but i didnt want to get the M8 as i didnt feel it was much different than my M7.

So far the iphone 6 is well, simple. i feel like there is so little to do compared to my old android, but i do like how clean and tidy everything is on the apple. I used Verizon cloud to transfer all the data from the HTC to the Iphone today and i cannot believe i havent been using this feature all along. it worked brilliant. i transferred 263 contacts and 1054 photos over in about 15 mins. I have since put the app on my laptop so i can constantly sync all my photos from the phone to my computer. it's great. since my computer ins't a mac its nice to use the verizon cloud with i-tunes to sync.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zach1900
Verizon+iPhone 6, you're gold. Enjoy!

I agree totally,

both on the phone and verizon.

I myself jumped ship to ting and save about 100$ to 120$ a month

But the coverage isn't the automatic win that verizon has.

Just added a no contract tmobile LG G3 for 350$ For the new ting GSM beta (tmobile network)

my old phone was a moto g that was surprisingly good.

Price is around 35-55$ for 2 smartphones. But not unlimited you pay for what you use.

Verizon was 168$ with my 15% disc.~ but I understand they have different options now.

I had abit of buyers remorse for spending 350$ on a phone but they are going for more than that used currently. And I saved over 1600$ by switching to ting so far(including previous phones).

Last edited:
$100 savings a month is nothing to sneeze at..The g3 is still a flagship phone, I still have the g2 on Verizon, I love the phone, perfect size , fast, great battery life. I've looked into ting as well as T-Mobile has had a great expansion of LTE around my general travels.

Last edited:
I am on the edge program with 2G data unlimited Talk/text etc.. its 75$ a month with a 15$ discount for the edge program. tack on $27 to "rent to own" (edge) the phone and im at about $94 a month after taxes and fees. Its certainly not as good as the days of unlimited data, but in my area you either have Verizon or At&t if you want any service at all. If you want really good reliable service it's verizon.

I contemplated straight-talk for $45 a month, but by the time you buy a cheap altech phone for $200 and pay the monthly payment of 45$ its only 125$ cheaper a year. Having verizon's better customer service and a great phone that i can upgrade yearly is worth that small premium to me. Since i am on the Edge program i was able to just trade my HTC for the Iphone. my only expense there was state tax and a case/screen protector.

Last edited:
You're right, though you supposedly can use your own Verizon phone on straight talk now, but from what I've read it's hit or miss.

You're right, though you supposedly can use your own Verizon phone on straight talk now, but from what I've read it's hit or miss.

I did check locally and they can use some, but only ones that accept a SIM card. That is what i was told at the walmart wireless store. they said all At&t phones can be put on the network because they use sim cards. I'm not sure weather this was true or not. To buy and At&t phone would have just increased the initial cost so it made sense to just trade my HTC in. I did explore my options as im generally a tight wad. I decided reliable service is a must as my phone is used quite a bit to make me money, so dependability will more than pay for the small annual difference i believe.

Good thing about the Verizon iPhone is it is by default unlocked and will work fully on at &t and T-Mobile. Your vzw iPhone DOES have a sum card, and that sim card slot will accept at&t and T-Mobile with no modifications, in other words the Verizon version of the iPhone 6 is the most valuable and sought after.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Should have waited for the HTC one M9, it's right around the corner.

I thought about it, but i liked the feel of the 6. I may consider it next year if it is as good as it is rumored to be. by then all the "roll out" bugs will be out of it
wink.gif

Good thing about the Verizon iPhone is it is by default unlocked and will work fully on at &t and T-Mobile. Your vzw iPhone DOES have a sum card, and that sim card slot will accept at&t and T-Mobile with no modifications, in other words the Verizon version of the iPhone 6 is the most valuable and sought after.

That is great to know! thank you!

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
I used Verizon cloud to transfer all the data from the HTC to the Iphone today and i cannot believe i havent been using this feature all along. it worked brilliant. i transferred 263 contacts and 1054 photos over in about 15 mins. I have since put the app on my laptop so i can constantly sync all my photos from the phone to my computer. it's great. since my computer ins't a mac its nice to use the verizon cloud with i-tunes to sync.

If you save or back up your contacts and photos to the cloud in the first place, this process is completely unnecessary.

I don't use it. The point is that if you have auto-backup on all your photos for example using any one of a multitude of apps, in my case Flickr app, you don't need to bother with having a carrier provided app, or any sort of transfer app. If they're backed up to your favorite photo app in the first place, all you have to do when you get a new device is download the apps and sign in, boom there's your pictures.

Contacts get a bit more difficult if you switch phone platforms, but I save all contacts as Google contacts rather than as phone contacts, and whenever I get a new phone, or put a new ROM on the same phone, all I have to do is sign in and the contacts repopulate. Now, I will never own an iPhone, but if heck froze over, you can export Google contacts to CSV and send those somewhere else, not sure how you would import into iOS contacts, but I'm sure it's possible.

The bottom line is, you don't need carrier provided tools to transfer your stuff. Verizon's insistence that I use their tools and the constant nagging to do so is one of the reasons I left. Much happier now, with truly UNLIMITED DATA as well on team Pink.

Last edited:

Operators are now obligated to unlock paid devices on demand.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
Originally Posted By: donnyj08
I used Verizon cloud to transfer all the data from the HTC to the Iphone today and i cannot believe i havent been using this feature all along. it worked brilliant. i transferred 263 contacts and 1054 photos over in about 15 mins. I have since put the app on my laptop so i can constantly sync all my photos from the phone to my computer. it's great. since my computer ins't a mac its nice to use the verizon cloud with i-tunes to sync.

If you save or back up your contacts and photos to the cloud in the first place, this process is completely unnecessary.

I back my phone up to my private cloud. I guess that's as close as I can get to it from my house, so that's what it is. Have a "backup" VM that acts as a VPN server. VPN in from anywhere on my phone or tablet and back everything up. Even with my [censored] Time Warner Internet connection.

Verizon does not work at my house. AT&T might get a text through.

I really think the outright purchase of the phone is the best deal.

I use Consumer Cellular which is rated to have the best customer service and they use AT&T cell towers.

Paid devices being the key word, only the vzw is unlocked by default. And capable of all GSM frequencies. All vzw LTE devices are unlocked due to their massive LTE deployment deal with the FTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back