CZ-75 Clone, Canik Stingray-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing some reading up on these CZ compact clones. A popular model is the Canik Stingray-C, Shark, and C-100. Anybody have any experience with these?

I like how the CZ style slide fits in to the frame. I only have experience with striker fired handguns, not sure what to think of having a hammer, as far as decocking it and such.

Go to the Highroad.com forum and you'll find a lengthy thread bout these. Apparently well liked. I recently got another Turkish made gun by EAA which is DA/SA and its great. Very accurate. Quite large tho, not something I want to carry.

I have one. love it. no decocker on it, but very accurate. It was a bear getting night sights so i had some custom made by trijicon's preferred custom maker. uses cz75 mags. spot on shooter. my go to is still the block 26 but this is a great weapon

You have the Stingray model? I'm curious if it's a pain to carry that one since it's all steel.

I like a hammer-fired gun with a decocker. I have a CZ 75 BD, which comes with a decocker. I dislike manual safeties for carry guns. I don't have a problem with them for a range gun, but I don't want a safety on a carry gun. So that's either striker-fired with a moderately-heavy trigger all the time or hammer-fired with a stiff trigger for the first pull and a very light trigger for all other shots. Neither solution is right or wrong...just different. I also own a striker-fired gun (an M&P Shield 9mm) and carry it quite a bit. I don't carry the CZ because it is a full size steel gun.

I personally think the CZ's "low bore axis" is a little over advertised...at least in YouTube reviews. Yes, the slide rides inside the frame, but that means nothing if the top of the frame is taller than in other guns. And it is...by quite a bit. I think this is only natural because there has to be room for the hammer to cock downward without contacting your hand...so the gun has to be made a little taller.

If I compare the relationship between the centerline of the bore (the bore axis) and the top of my grip, the CZ 75's bore axis is MUCH HIGHER than it is in my M&P Shield...like by a full diameter of the bore. I think CZs are cool, and this 75 is my third one (first two were polymer P-07 and P-09). But I don't buy into the "low bore axis". It's actually quite a bit higher than in an M&P or a Glock.

Originally Posted By: RoGuE
You have the Stingray model? I'm curious if it's a pain to carry that one since it's all steel.

Check out a CZ P-01 or a 75 PCR. These are both compact alloy-framed pistols that are pretty light for being metal guns.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

Check out a CZ P-01 or a 75 PCR. These are both compact alloy-framed pistols that are pretty light for being metal guns.

Thanks for your input in the previous post. My only other handgun is also an M&P Shield 9mm so that was a helpful comparison. Canik also has the similar models like the Stingray with an alloy frame (Shark-C and C-100) just like those two CZs you mentioned.

I guess I'm just kind if interested in something that is a little more fun to shoot than my little Shield, that can also be carried without too much trouble.

I have never carried it. still working on a good holster although it does fit the Galco shoulder holster I bought for my Glock

I like that fact the slide rides in the frame not because of the low bore axis, but because it has much more contact with a slide rails surface. I think it helps enhance accuracy a bit.

For me the feel of the gun is just spot on though and they shoot very soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back