Fox Daytona coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Is it even worth watching anymore?

NASCAR is an absolute joke, the stands are increasingly empty and
the drivers are idiots. I like to call it *SSCAR.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

NASCAR is an absolute joke, the stands are increasingly empty and
the drivers are idiots. I like to call it *SSCAR.

I don't follow it. I was under the impression it was wildly successful.

Silly rules and changes like 'the car of the future' with a wing that crews and drivers hated.

Some official thought it was a good idea to change things around.

I happened to catch the first couple laps. If I'm not busy at the time, I'll probably watch the last few laps.

I try to not be critical of other forms of racing. But droning around a track at a restricted speed, while only turning left for 500 miles, just isn't very exciting to me.

Missed a major golden opportunity...

Ella Gordon is riding with her Father in the pre-race festivities.

Joey Lagano better watch out for this little girl, she's already driving quarter midgets...

Not really, IMO.
It looks like NASCAR has assigned management of the sport to the WWF.
Judging by the emphasis on the mean-mug , pit road temper tantrums, throwdowns, and sideshows (Courtesy of K. Busch) that seem to be featured over the product on the track, it would appear the next step is to change the name to WWFCAR.

NASCAR is kit car racing not stock car racing. All the cars are the same. If a team thinks up something to go faster they get punished. Innovation has been eliminated and bean counters run the show.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
NASCAR is kit car racing not stock car racing. All the cars are the same. If a team thinks up something to go faster they get punished. Innovation has been eliminated and bean counters run the show.

I used to watch, but when the manufacturers race went away and the only difference in the cars was the decal stuck on them , i lost all interest.

Pretty boring. Keep Larry Mac, but let him speak his mind...."not" what NASCAR says. DW....retire please, misses most of the show.

One of the Hendricks cars will win, NASCAR will mandate it.
33.gif

You'll have to excuse me as I don't follow this type of auto racing. Is this the Daytona 500? Is this where Kyle Bush races (or should I say raced)?

I ask because yesterday a thread was started about the Bush crash and you would think it was a religion. Someone made a joke and it didn't go over well. I was under the impression some of these guys have shrines built. Now there is this thread and there's nothing nice to be said. I don't get it.

If it's one in the same, the divide is radical and where were you all in the other thread? Help me understand. For what it's worth, I'm with you all. I'd rather watch golf. A crash like Bush's is the only exciting thing and even that wasn't spectacular.

Daytona would be more interesting if they'd run at least one NASCAR race on the road course, like the 24 hours sports car race. Also, they should ditch the restricted V8's and run turbocharged V6's. This coming from a guy who loves a V8's rumble. A small displacement, turbocharged, unrestricted V6 in the current sized car would be able to run flat the whole race, and it seems a turbo V6 would yield better fuel economy returns, allowing for more racing time and less of it on pit road. Also, a turbo V6 would be more representational of the cars they are supposed to be driving. The boost on the straightaways would allow for more track position gains without being too dependent on the draft. While they are at it, just ditch the different makes altogether, and allow the teams to implement their own body and aero packages to use with those V6's. Another thought....this is motorsports, and motorsports should have auto related sponsors. Ditch Sprint, and discuss a sponsorship deal with an auto parts chain, or a motor oil brand, etc., etc. This is coming from a moderate NASCAR fan. I try to watch every race, and I think most of the racing has gotten better over the past few years, safety has improved vastly, but otherwise it has become way too corporate gleam and shine. The driver's battling over twitter is ridiculous, and so are the pseudo driver fights where all that happens are crew members converging on one another. Honestly, I don't think Jeff Gordon is retiring just to go out on top; I think he sees the changing tides and it makes him uncomfortable. It's become less of a driver's sport and more of a corporate battleground.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back