Grooming and Hygiene Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't 80% of my face anymore. Just around my neck with an electric razor.. The rest I just trim and cut short whenever I feel like it.

Im a kid and have the nose hair issue. Back when the GF and i started dating she innocently pointed it out and I have been aware of the issue ever since.

Im pretty sure Im going to look like an ape once Im 40.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I don't 80% of my face anymore. Just around my neck with an electric razor.. The rest I just trim and cut short whenever I feel like it.

Im a kid and have the nose hair issue. Back when the GF and i started dating she innocently pointed it out and I have been aware of the issue ever since.

Im pretty sure Im going to look like an ape once Im 40.

Hopefully you'll keep a full head of hair. As a long suffering bald guy I can tell you that should the cue-ball look happen to you that you don't actually lose your hair it just kind of slinks down the back of your neck and onto your lower back and taint. And just to put frosting and a candle on the back hair cake, somewhere around 50 yo a good portion of what is left of the sides of your head make the quick southern migration to sprout out of your ears and nostrils like a particularly aggressive southeast Asian bamboo forest. That's when you need to switch from cordless Panasonic groomer to something from Dewalt or Makita.

Last edited:
I guess I kind've lucked out. I have no body hair,and I'm 46 and still have all the hair on my head :^) I actually like the idea of a grooming and hygiene thread. It was here on this site that someone had mentioned natural/organic soaps (I'd never even heard of them before,I'd just buy the cheapest stuff at the store). I tried one and have been hooked ever since. Makes your skin look and feel unbelievably healthy!

The way I see it,we have only one body while we're here in this lifetime,so we better take care of it while we have the chance......diet,hygiene,and exercise,the key to youthfulness and good health.

Originally Posted By: joaks
Originally Posted By: georgemiller
Nose hair removal.

As I'm getting on in age my whippersnapper teenage son loves to point out when my nose hair is showing.

Should I buy a separate trimmer or carefully use scissors?

I purchased a trimmer from amazon for around 10-15 bucks. Works very well and has a fine head for ear and nose hair and a larger head with an adjustable guard for sideburns. Works very well and the AA battery lasts for months.

After the wife tried to pull my nose hair out with tweezers (I was asleep at the time) I bought an ear and nose hair trimmer off eBay, it was made in China, and was something like $3 inc. shipping, but for 6 months now, has worked like a hot darn.

It also has an attachment to trim Eyebrows. But I don't trust it that much.

Don't be afraid to try the eyebrow attachment. My trimmer is a REALLY cheap one that runs on a single AAA battery. I use the "short" side of the attachment and it actually works well.

I find that my ideal grooming arsenal consists of a small pair of barber scissors, a micro-touch type trimmer, a rotary nose/ear hair trimmer, a small battery powered Wahl clipper, and a couple of different types of good tweezers.

Some may find an occasional trip to a salon for waxing can be helpful if back hair is a pet peeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back