Valvetrain pics - 2001 Acura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the opportunity to snap valvetrain pics while doing my timing belt.
Car is a 2001 acura integra 5spd with 167k miles. I acquired the car at 55k and its had mostly valvoline synpower/maxlife 5w-30. The past 6-8 oil changes has been pennzoil hm 5w-30. OC intervals has always been 4k-5k regardless of what i used.

thumbsup2.gif
Like new! Thanks for sharing.

That really was a great engine. The rest of the car sort of self-destructed around it, but the engine is a gem!

I have 172,000 miles on my CRV with a diet of synthetic since new and my cam lobes don't look as nice as yours. Do you warm your car up before you drive?

Spotless! Looks GREAT! It's threads like this that keep me using synth oil. I think I'm going back to synth in my gf's Mustang. Either Synpower or Edge.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Spotless! Looks GREAT! It's threads like this that keep me using synth oil. I think I'm going back to synth in my gf's Mustang. Either Synpower or Edge.

I gotta agree. Although I'm sure a quality conventional will get you there, it won't look this good, IMHO.

Looks fantastic. A nice tight timing belt and regular oil changes like you've been doing will ensure 300K+ miles for that engine.

Good looking engine. My brother bought a 2001 CR-V almost the same engine with 160k miles. Unknown oil change history no maintenance record. Engine looks just as good as yours. This engine ran fine until it started stalling all the time. All of the exhaust valves were too tight and never adjusted. I adjusted the valves but one of them was already damaged and wouldn't adjust to spec. My brother kept driving it and about 2 months later that valve snapped.

30m60wk.jpg

Originally Posted By: bblackmon19
Good looking engine. My brother bought a 2001 CR-V almost the same engine with 160k miles. Unknown oil change history no maintenance record. Engine looks just as good as yours. This engine ran fine until it started stalling all the time. All of the exhaust valves were too tight and never adjusted. I adjusted the valves but one of them was already damaged and wouldn't adjust to spec. My brother kept driving it and about 2 months later that valve snapped.

30m60wk.jpg

You could probably see your reflection on those camshafts,looks great!

why?! No boutique oils like RP or Amsoil in them?

j/k folks. It's practically looking like new, so enjoy and keep doing what you've been doing (oil-change wise).

Q.

Looks great! Cleaner than my B18 was when I pulled the valve cover off of my old '95 Integra back in 2007 when it had around 120k on it. The previous owner changed it every 5,000 miles with whatever conventional the dealership used (bulk 5W-30). I did the same for the next 100,000 miles, except usually with a synthetic instead.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Looks great! Cleaner than my B18 was when I pulled the valve cover off of my old '95 Integra back in 2007 when it had around 120k on it. The previous owner changed it every 5,000 miles with whatever conventional the dealership used (bulk 5W-30). I did the same for the next 100,000 miles, except usually with a synthetic instead.

Just for fun, here was mine at 120k with the 5k conventional changes:
integravalvetrain_zpsace7c266.jpg

http://rs1375.pbsrc.com/albums/ag444/mirageless/2009Sonataengine-150000kms_zps93e6b176.jpg~320x480

Using Amsoil Signiture 0W20 or 5W20 doing 15 000 mile oci.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back