Amsoil Quickshot vs Gasoline Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using G-FUEL gasoline stabilizer, and I'm transitioning to Amsoil's offerings in that space. But I'm unsure which is better for my application (all season OPE).

Amsoil Quickshot says it is intended for short term fuel storage and combats the effects of ethanol on OPE. And Amsoil Gasoline Stabilizer says it is for longer term storage of fuel, but doesn't do anything to help the ethanol issue.

So for storing fuel for OPE, which is better? I buy about 8 gallons of fuel at a time and refill over the summer as needed. I tend to go through fuel in a reasonably fast manner in those months. But I also have snow removal duties in the winter, and use much less fuel than the summer. I might not ever make it through 8 gallons in an entire winter season.

What's the better, and/or more cost effective solution?

All of Amsoil's products are top tier and perform as advertised. Price aside, you won't be disappointed with the results of Quick Shot.

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
All of Amsoil's products are top tier and perform as advertised. Price aside, you won't be disappointed with the results of Quick Shot.

But I guess I'm asking which is the better product for the application? Can I pour Quickshot into my gasoline storage containers when I fill them with fuel? How long will the gas then be good for? How many gallons does a Quickshot bottle treat?

I'm familiar with gas stabilizer (the product in general), but I'm trying to see if Quickshot is better enough to warrant its cost.

Originally Posted By: zpinch
Quickshot is excellent stuff.

That's what I'm hearing. But I'm still not sure how to use it long term. Right now, I add stabilizer to every container of fuel I pump. I have a 5 gallon and a 2.5 gallon. How much would I need to add to each of those per fillup? And how long would the gas be good for? The stabilizer I have been using claims it makes gas good for a year if treated at initial fillup.

Well, Amsoil says it is for short term storage vs their Stabilize product that is for long term storage. My guess would be the Quikshot is good for a few months like over the summer of the typical small engine application user. I use the stuff but I cycle thru my gas supply enough that I don't need more than a couple of months of fuel conditioning. Just follow the application rate on the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back