Your own personal spy drone

Status
Not open for further replies.
This idea came to mind the other day while watching the How It's Made show on the Discovery Channel. I absolutely LOVE watching products being manufactured at a factory.

My imagination ran wild that day while I was trying to come up with a way to accomplish this. The drone would either have to be very inconspicuous like a robotic gnat, or an invisible helicopter drone of some type. The drone would be operated from my computer and the footage viewed in either real time, or have the drone pre-programed to gather footage on its own if I wasn't available to operate it. Yes I know this raises all kinds of ethical issues and privacy issues, but aside from that, wouldn't it be the ultimate in entertainment? I'd be glued to the computer screen watching tools being made at the Snap-on plant in Elisabethton Tennessee. How about you, which factory would you like to spy on?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
...The drone would either have to be very inconspicuous like a robotic gnat...

I remember reading about such things in an Issac Asimov book when I was very young.

Originally Posted By: hotwheels
I'd fly my drone right up to Natalie Portman's bedroom window.

hotwheels
36.gif
Let's see just how weird this thread can get... lol

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
How about you, which factory would you like to spy on?
smile.gif

Not interested. Being a peeping Tom isn't in my nature.

IMO a drone would have to be a blimp for noise reasons.

Or have very good speakers/ tech for active noise cancellation.

The hobby copters make an unmistakable, obnoxious propeller noise.

I'm waiting for people to drop stuff into prison exercise yards from outside with said drones.

this thread will do for morning entertainment, now that 'prone is gone.
four of us are here, and have just started a pool as to when our resident conspiracy theorist will chime in to give us his "slant" on this topic.he could already have an existing squadron of drones "patrolling" his property, as we speak.there could be a dangerous dog in the 'hood, or a suspicious looking ups driver wandering around.....
who knows? I'm sure that we'll find out. stay tuned..........

Getting the drone from my house in CA all the way to TN would be the hard part. That's a long ways for a little spy drone to fly unless it was solar powered. Hmm......

Originally Posted By: yeti
this thread will do for morning entertainment, now that 'prone is gone.
four of us are here, and have just started a pool as to when our resident conspiracy theorist will chime in to give us his "slant" on this topic.he could already have an existing squadron of drones "patrolling" his property, as we speak.there could be a dangerous dog in the 'hood, or a suspicious looking ups driver wandering around.....
who knows? I'm sure that we'll find out. stay tuned..........

I didnt even know Mr. Prone was gone?
21.gif

I can't believe the obvious has not been said...

(Following Merk's train of thought)

I want to see how oil is made! And what the proprietary ingredients are. And how Purolator was/is screwing up (not starting a war).

On a more personal note, I'd also love to spy on Mr. Luiz Edmond and August Busch IV. I'd take great pleasure in making their lives a living he!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back