Few more feet coming down on New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mystic
It will be a glorious spring in the Northeast. With all of that moisture the plants will be very happy. And the people will be really happy in the springtime also.

With this much snow it will be a gloriously muddy spring with a lot of flooding. Once the water eventually goes down and things warm up we will be able to see and maybe even hear the grass grow it will happen so fast. We will be complaining that we now have to mow the lawn 2-3 times a day.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: LX289
Yep make sure to keep your roof cleaned off. Snow is heavy. I would be glad to help you as i have family in Boston

You aren't kidding!
01.gif

You should have seen the local news after this last storm. A local carpet store in a little strip mall collapsed because of the snow on the roof. And I mean truly collapsed. Unlike the usual where the roof just crashes down and in the walls fell out and buckled too. The building is not salvageable the way they usually are even with a roof collapse. Looks like a bomb hit it.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs....9999&Ref=PH

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
The sad thing is it is only about 1/2 over. We traditionally get cold temps and storms into late March. It is also sad that I got excited when I saw the extended weather forecast showing a day that was sunny and 25F degrees. That is a thaw at the rate we have had it for the last month.

So true about it being around half over. Around here we also get the Gulf Stream, and when the spring showers (if you could think of us having a rainy season here???) combine with an artic blast, that's often when we get out biggest snowstorm.

Ugg. I normally like winter. I like this one too. But right now I have a cold flaring up. And I fly on Sun morn.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
RRjvice-ice-jeep-01-1.jpg

That looks like the front of an invisible jeep or something becoming visible with the ice.

Last edited:
I think that Jeep belongs to TheCritic! It has to be, who else would have such a slick finish on their vehicle where the ice would just roll off?? This is what $1800 tub of boutique wax will do.

Last edited:
This is hilarious; NOAA predicted a warmer than average winter! Mostly because they are so entrapped in the anthropogenic global warming theory. Meanwhile the good folks at Weather Bell put out a winter forecast in October that said the 2015 winter would be darn near a record breaker (Joe Baastardi predicted 2015 might be in the top 5 winters for cold and snow for the eastern half of the United States) . Their work on how ocean temperatures affect weather and climate is amazing, and they use analogs of all available historic info on what the weather was like historically when ocean temperature patterns are in a certain configuration, to predict current weather.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2014/20141016_winteroutlook.html

http://www.weatherbell.com/public-winter-14-15-forecast

Last edited:
can you give me their last 5 years forecast so that I can compare it with the reality? Did they even exist 5 years ago?

They said on the weather station that with about 8 more inches of snow this winter Boston will set a new record. There is more snow coming right now and another storm out here in the west, so I think a new record will be set.

I wish the weather wasn't as monotonous as it is here. Not that I'd want to shovel snow. The most excitement in recent weeks was two weeks ago, when we heard thunder in the morning, which was followed by a couple rainy days. And of course we could need the water.

Today we hit 70°F. I was sweating in my t-shirt. This coming Wednesday looks dodgy with a chance of one cloud.

hotwheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back