Belt tension rule of thumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the engine turns in a CW direction getting the crank bolt off takes a few seconds. As someone posted just use a breaker bar and hit the starter, its loose.
Its the easiest and most effective way, no electric impact and most 1/2 air impacts are taking it off.

Bando are very good belts. Never had any problem with them, they grip well, are quiet and long lasting.

Engine looks excellent!
thumbsup2.gif

Engine has 167k. Oil was changed with mostly Maxlife and now Pennzoil high mileage at 4-5k intervals.

say what? you were able to remove the crankshaft bolt with your impact wrench? I have to eat the crow; do you mind if I add some ketchup before swallowing it?

Do you know who had done the first timing belt job? I wonder if he had put some good anti-seize on that washer.

Seriously, on the paper, this impact wrench was awfully inadequate to take off the usual Honda crank bolt. Some Amazon reviews even had trouble doing tire rotation with this gun.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
say what? you were able to remove the crankshaft bolt with your impact wrench? I have to eat the crow; do you mind if I add some ketchup before swallowing it?

Do you know who had done the first timing belt job? I wonder if he had put some good anti-seize on that washer.

Seriously, on the paper, this impact wrench was awfully inadequate to take off the usual Honda crank bolt. Some Amazon reviews even had trouble doing tire rotation with this gun.

There is no anti-seize on it. You dont give these electric impacts that much credit. It took it right off......i couldn't believe it myself.

It's been removed before. An oem tightened bolt on an Integra B18 will not come off with a cordless impact.

When you put it back on, be sure to use a crank holding tool and torque the bolt on with more than just the impact. Otherwise you'll be hunting for it on the side of the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back