Has anyone ever had damage from snow load?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been keeping it off the top but can't get to one side.

19098190.JPG

19098194.JPG

19098192.JPG

Not as worried about the fiberglass on the vette. This has definitely been enough show to bend up a hood. There's a Mustang under there on the left. The soft top definitely needs to be cleared often.

Last edited:
Had a windscreen bullseye turn into a crack with the snow/load back in our October snow event.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Had a windscreen bullseye turn into a crack with the snow/load back in our October snow event.

That even brought snow to parts of mountainous Queensland! Just before summer too

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Nice T/A! Do you have more pics of it?

Was thinking the same! Great looking "Burt Reynolds" style T/A!

I don't have that many good picts. I've only been out in it a few times since I bought it a almost 2 years ago. I bought it without the boss's permission and she's been busting my chops about spending time on it so restoration has been slow. I'm sitting here snowed in dreaming about taking it down the cape this summer.

19047097.jpg

19092308.JPG

19092312.JPG

I thought you meant snow on your house roof.

Speaking of which, I notice there is hardly any snow on the roof - which is odd. There must be very little insulation in the attic ceiling. Insulation would probably save you some heating money in short order and improve both summer and winter comfort.

But you do have snow along the edge of the roof which suggests the house is at risk of ice dam formation. One more reason to put some insulation in that ceiling.

In the winter of 98/99 we had about 50" of snow over 3 days. 91 Corolla parked outside no problem. Some structures suffered damage but heard no auto damage reports. Pretty well shut Toronto down for a week, had military vehicles (Bradleys?) delivering blood to hospitals.

PS: Tell the 'boss' that the cat feels it was good purchase.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cjcride

PS: Tell the 'boss' that the cat feels it was good purchase.

Tell the boss that the car belongs to the cat, and any complaints need to be taken up with the cat.

You know it's bad when the chickens are screaming.
wink.gif

Seriously though, cars, even convertibles, have snow load taken into account when designed as they may be stuck at a port or dealer where they aren't attended to regularly.

Thanks for the driving picture! Brings back memories of driving my '79 Trans am and making the shaker hood move!. Mine was a brown with tan interior 79 pretty loaded except it was the 403/auto combo.

My only issue with snow on the roof of a car is when it starts to melt, and then refreezes. You can get ice jams everywhere and behind the doors and hinges. Can make getting in a real PITA sometimes without damaging something.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
My only issue with snow on the roof of a car is when it starts to melt, and then refreezes. You can get ice jams everywhere and behind the doors and hinges. Can make getting in a real PITA sometimes without damaging something.

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if I am going to break a door handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back