Warn Winch Install (Finally Completed)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Warn for my Kawasaki Brute Force 750 about 18 months ago and mounted the main plate and the winch to the plate, but then work and life took over and it sat "unwired". My middle son and I completed the project today and it works like a dream. I bought split loom tubing for all of the wiring and it turned out very nice (I should have taken a few photos). The only thing that is not working ( and at this point I am assuming dead batteries) is the wireless remote that was a free option.

Next up is a six inch tube stereo and completion of the "plumbing" for the oil cooler that I installed at the same time as the winch. I will try to post some photos a little later this week.

Can't begin to tell you how many times my Warn 2500 on the Suzuki 500 ATV has pulled me out of holes my poor driving skills got me into.

And the winch is the link to using the plow for the snow removal and other pile moving chores.

Good choice. Good job. Have fun!

As promised, here are some photos before and after (not much to see on the winch part--but the winch cable bumper that JetStar suggested is there). The "before" photos were just after I mounted new wheels and tires and I without realizing it at the time, I put them on the wrong sides and I have to swap them around (only I would have the luck to have both front and back on the wrong sides).

8niHZB.jpg

w8HjOb.jpg

nuyS42.jpg

4xg1Rh.jpg

5PcuxO.jpg

vCZTiG.jpg

sMCeoo.jpg

Originally Posted By: ccdhowell
Very nice looking quad you got there. How do you like the Bajacross tires?

Many thanks! I really like them (especially as compared to the stock tires). The tread pattern is much more aggressive and blocky. I am not a "mudder" so they serve my needs very well on trails in the woods and mountains (though they would likely work fairly well in the mud too).

They are 8 ply radials and tough with a good bead protection so I am not as concerned about getting a flat as I was with the stockers. They are heavier than the stockers and I will probably have the clutch tuned for them in the near future.

Is that the 26-10x12 fronts. I like the tire but have shied away from a 10" front guessing that they would not steer as well as a 9" tire. Your input would be appreciated.

They are Raceline Mamba 12x7 wheels w/ ITP Bajacross Tires (26 x 9 x 12 fronts and 26 x 11 x 12 rears). My BF is non-EPS, but I have not noticed that it is that much harder to steer from a dead stop. It could be the tread pattern lends itself to easier turns. I researched and obsessed over tires for months before locking in on the Bajas. I looked at 18 tires and narrowed it down to these before deciding on the Bajas (which I selected based upon durability and cost). The ITP Blackwaters, STI Black Diamonds, and EFX Motos were looked at long and hard before I decided--it was the super blocky tread pattern, heavy bead guard, and 8 ply radial that pushed me into them. Bang for the buck though, the EFX is said to be a good tire too.

PS...they probably look like 10" tires because I have not ridden it for 18+ months (started and maintained regularly though) and they need some air in them.

-- ITP Blackwater Evolution

13505634-origpic-62fa35.jpg

-- STI Black Diamond

black_diamond.jpg

-- EFX Moto 850:

moto350-big__81116_zoom.jpg

-- ITP Bajacross:
itp_09_tir_baj_cro_fro.jpg

-- ITP Terracross:
itp_07_ter_rt.jpg

-- Maxxis Bighorn 2.0:
max_09_tir_big_hor_2.0.jpg

2010_FX4 said:
...they probably look like 10" tires because I have not ridden it for 18+ months (started and maintained regularly though) and they need some air in them.
/quote]

Holy cow man, get out and ride now...before the ba$tard$ wear you down!

I run the Terracross tires on my Scrambler, love them, I race a local XC series and they are the best turning front tire I have found, and I've tried a few.

I know why I was confused about your fronts, I'm so used to only dealing with 14" wheels on Polaris XP chassis. I didn't think about them being 12s. Wish I could run 12s on mine; it can be done, but it's expensive and I just can't justify it at my level of racing.

Go ride soon, where do you live? Maybe I could meet you and ride, never rode with a Brute, just admired them from afar.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
They are Raceline Mamba 12x7 wheels w/ ITP Bajacross Tires (26 x 9 x 12 fronts and 26 x 11 x 12 rears). My BF is non-EPS, but I have not noticed that it is that much harder to steer from a dead stop. It could be the tread pattern lends itself to easier turns. I researched and obsessed over tires for months before locking in on the Bajas. I looked at 18 tires and narrowed it down to these before deciding on the Bajas (which I selected based upon durability and cost). The ITP Blackwaters, STI Black Diamonds, and EFX Motos were looked at long and hard before I decided--it was the super blocky tread pattern, heavy bead guard, and 8 ply radial that pushed me into them. Bang for the buck though, the EFX is said to be a good tire too.

PS...they probably look like 10" tires because I have not ridden it for 18+ months (started and maintained regularly though) and they need some air in them.

I've run the Bajacrosses on my Ranger for 2 seasons & am quite pleased w/ them. In central Ontario we see a cross section of terrain (rocky, dirt & mud). Perform well & no wear showing on the lugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back