2015 370z Nismo

Status
Not open for further replies.
owners manual states 5-30 Want to run a good Synthetic for this motor anyone suggest motor revs high wont be raced or abused. Thanks Mac

DSC_0105a.jpg

Mobil, Castrol, pennzoil, or amsoil are all good synthetics

Maybe look for the cheapest for now since its a new car, keep the the OCI short (2000 miles or less).... BETTER yet, use a break in oil for 500 miles then use cheap conventional for another short OCI, then use synthetic.

Any off the shelf 5w30 synthetic is going to provide virtually the same protection. I'm sure people will chime in with the brand they are loyal to, but that's the honest answer.

My wife runs an '05 roadster during the 'good weather' months. Her manual has the same callout for the 5-30. We've been running Rotella T6 5-40 Synthetic with annual changes and the stock Nissan filter, generally 5-6k miles/year=no issues. Enjoy your fine ride.

Mobil, Castrol, pennzoil, or amsoil are all good synthetics

Maybe look for the cheapest for now since its a new car, keep the the OCI short (2000 miles or less).... BETTER yet, use a break in oil for 500 miles then use cheap conventional for another short OCI, then use synthetic.

aside from the ones already mentioned, don't count out Valvoline Synpower. What filter do you plan on using? But really any name brand thats on sale should be fine, currently Synpower is 22.97 at WM.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dothedrew1202
aside from the ones already mentioned, don't count out Valvoline Synpower. What filter do you plan on using? But really any name brand thats on sale should be fine, currently Synpower is 22.97 at WM.
I am using the Nissan filter . Mac

Originally Posted By: Lapham3
My wife runs an '05 roadster during the 'good weather' months. Her manual has the same callout for the 5-30. We've been running Rotella T6 5-40 Synthetic with annual changes and the stock Nissan filter, generally 5-6k miles/year=no issues. Enjoy your fine ride.
Thanks Mac

Honestly Id run M1 5w-30, or just select M1 0w-40 since it is approved for the GTR.

^ yep! my oil of choice. Love the synpower!
thumbsup2.gif

Excellent Oil:
0_8ee54_a62b832c_XL.jpg

Good Oil:
0_8a63c_f4a52903_XL.jpg

Bad Oil:
0_8c84a_e395874_XL.jpg

on the same engine I use a pennzoil platinum for 5 years oci less then 6K - internal spotless, NULL consumption ( with combination liqui-moly ceratec, the best result, but this action for funboys)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: donnyj08

^ yep! my oil of choice. Love the synpower!
thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

^ because I'm a fan of Valvoline, but any oil mentioned would serve you well.

Originally Posted By: DrAdmin
Excellent Oil:
0_8ee54_a62b832c_XL.jpg

Good Oil:
0_8a63c_f4a52903_XL.jpg

Bad Oil:
0_8c84a_e395874_XL.jpg

on the same engine I use a pennzoil platinum for 5 years oci less then 6K - internal spotless, NULL consumption ( with combination liqui-moly ceratec, the best result, but this action for funboys)

I'm running Castrol EDGE, I am a little bit worried after seeing these results and I will change it in next OCI. In the meantime do you think my engine will be ok if I watch my oil temperature and make sure it doesn't reach 400 degrees centigrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back