Grooming and Hygiene Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed a large number of grooming related threads in General and Off Topic Posts. Maybe we can have a Grooming and Hygiene forum to aggregate at least all relevant future posts in one and the same location.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
shower and shave daily. Make it a sticky. lol.

That's about as informative as "Rotate the wheels and change the oil very 3k miles. All said and done."

There have been dozens of posts about shaving and shaving soap just over the past few weeks. And professionally speaking, I dare say that most people don't even know how to properly wash their hands.

hotwheels

Brush your teeth, wash your clothes, comb your hair, shower, wash up after using the bathroom... Am I missing anything?

Too many differing opinions and styles in a forum like that. At least for this place.

You would have the "who cares....I wash my hands once in a while and brush my teeth twice a week"....to the young guys incessently talking about $80 to $150 a bottle cologne.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
Brush your teeth, wash your clothes, comb your hair, shower, wash up after using the bathroom... Am I missing anything?

Deodorant, cologne etc.
wink.gif

Don't wear deodorant or cologne.

Dip myself in the horse trough when the pigs start standing upwind....

Either that or a rainstorm and a bar of soap...

What toothbrush are you using? Natural or synthetic bristles, plastic or wooden handle? What toothpaste are you using? Which one burns your gums, makes you gag/cough, whish ones gives you stomatitis? Do you use frangrance-free laundry detergent? Which detergent works best to cleam engine oil-stained jeans? What dandruff shampoo works best for you? Do you use sun protection on your bald spot? What shower cleaner works best?

The topic of grooming and hygiene may not be interesting to some, but a dedicated forum may answer many questions. At least the topic of razors and shaving does come up all the time and I find it a shame that these topics are dispersed when they could be conevniently aggregated. How would the presence of a forum with voluntary participance be disagreeable?

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
Don't wear deodorant or cologne.

Dip myself in the horse trough when the pigs start standing upwind....

Either that or a rainstorm and a bar of soap...

Marlon Brando once said, "When I need a shower, I spit up into the air."

hotwheels

Every now and then I run into someone that has BO so bad it makes you think about holding your breath and escaping somewhere, anywhere. I wonder how they can stand themselves.

My wife and I were in line for tickets to a movie and left when a couple lined up behind us. The smell was like a slap in the face. We left thinking that the theater would have no safe haven from this awful BO. Several others left, as well. No movie is worth not being able to breathe.

Originally Posted By: Falken
Nobody would like to talk about a nice Scotch, cigar, and a nice shave with Italian soap on this forum?

I need to go back to 1929 I guess...

That's what you get for mingling with the literally unwashed masses. I must say I am rather disapppointed at all those dismissive replies. Then again, painting with a wide brush, this is primarily an oil forum, probably populated primariliy by grunting, crusty and scabby oilheads with plumber's butt and little interest in appearances and how they smell. I'm surprised I'm still surprissed!

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Every now and then I run into someone that has BO so bad it makes you think about holding your breath and escaping somewhere, anywhere. I wonder how they can stand themselves.

My wife and I were in line for tickets to a movie and left when a couple lined up behind us. The smell was like a slap in the face. We left thinking that the theater would have no safe haven from this awful BO. Several others left, as well. No movie is worth not being able to breathe.

People are usually immune to their own smell. They don't perceive it at all, and most people are too polite to tell even their best friend, "Dude, you stink out of your mouth."

hotwheels

If people on this forum saw how much money you can save with DE shaving and buying a high quality Oster or Wahl clipper for your hair, it would fund all their synthetic oil needs for free.

Maybe beer, shaving, and grooming is best left in the General and Off Topic section.

I am surprised at the lack of interest as well...

Flush the toilet, turn the exhaust fan on when you do #2, don't pee on the floor(if you can't hit that big target, sit down to pee).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back