BEL-RAY ESX FULL SYN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody use belray esx oil? found a great price on it and was wandering if it was any good?? It is an ester oil and I'm not sure what that means. Thanks for any feedback.

Did you get in on the clearance deal at RockyMountain? I bought enough of the EXS from them to last me several years. I hope it turns out at as good as the Mobil MX4T that I've been using. I think I paid $6.99/liter which was much cheaper than I could get any other synthetic.

I'm using the EXS 10w-40 in my Goldwing. It has about 7k on this OCI, and it still shifts like the day I put it in.

Ester oils are really good at clinging to the engine internals during down time so as to give some protection against dry start-ups. Ester is highly polar is why it does this.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Ester oils are really good at clinging to the engine internals during down time so as to give some protection against dry start-ups. Ester is highly polar is why it does this.

true, but they are also hygroscopic (also due to their polarity), a far less desirable trait for an oil used for storage.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back