I've Been Diagnosed with Thymoma Cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I consider all of you friends, I want to let you I have been diagnosed with Thymoma Cancer. It is a cancer of the Thymus gland by my upper breastbone/heart/lung.

http://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/thymoma/view-all

The cancer is the size of a Softball. There is a lot of pressure & tightness in my chest. Had to be taken to a hospital in an ambulance as the pain was SO bad.

A Biopsy was done at The Mayo Clinic. They do not know how far along it is, but can only hope it's Stage I or Stage II. Stage III or IV is not a good scenario.

It'll most likely be removed by Thoracic Surgery (cracking open my chest) in the next couple of weeks or sooner. Hopefully it did not spread to other parts of my body. I am only 54, normally a picture of health. Need to be strong and will hopefully have a lot of life left to make a positive difference in as many things as possible.

I wish everyone the best and if you think you should see a Doctor for something, please don't delay.

Devastating news! Please keep the faith and stay in prayer. We will certainly put you and your family on our prayer chain!

God Bless,

CB

Good luck Turk. Please keep us posted on your progress. The Mayo clinic is one of the best.

Hopefully it is the first stage. I wish you many more decades of healthy peaceful life with your family.

I feel bad for you Turk. You just retired and was very happy. I hope you beat this. I had a fist size tumor in my right lung that got removed in 2010 with the near death experience and all at only 33 yrs old.

I wish you the best and please give us updates. Pray to Jesus [censored] for healing that only he can provide!

Certainly sorry to hear that.
Glad to hear that you have some of the best medical care available to you at Mayo clinic.
Thoughts and prayers are with you,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back