Smart Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably NSFW, Mild strong humor

I do agree with the point, as a pseudo comedian. "Making fun of this car violates the number one rule of comedy Never Punch Down"

It's just too little refinement for me, MY16 cars are gonna have new drivetrains and a badly needed refresh.

You would be better off to buy a saturn sc and have the engine rebuilt and a new clutch and have a bigger better car that gets 40mpg + on the hwy.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
$20k for a 2 seater with zero storage space and it gets poor gas mileage. I'll take a fit , mirage, spark ....

Legacy, Impreza, Golf, Jetta...

I cant believe people would ever prepare such low-quality food in such a poor manner, and then have such low digestion quality that they would release flatulence.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
$20k for a 2 seater with zero storage space and it gets poor gas mileage. I'll take a fit , mirage, spark ....

I

Those are bigger though

i would actually consider one of these for my next commuter vehicle, mainly b/c of the ride height.
I replaced my neon b/c it was just too low. my folks couldn't get in/out of it, and i was starting to feel like i was squatting to get in it, and having to hoist myself out.

I love the driving dynamics of a small car, but dang it, if they aren't all low to the ground.

until someone makes something that drives like a mini,( a proper mini, not a bmw mini) but sits up like my sable... the closest i've been able to think of with is a smart.
(mind you the neon is the smallest car i've ever driven. never actually driven a mini, or a smart....how high does the fiat 500 ride?)

Last edited:
The Smart car makes a lot of sense for urban travel in large crowded cities that have little parking space and low speeds, like Rome, Paris, and San Francisco. Not so much for Ohio, Michigan, or most of the US.

Poor gas mileage on premium fuel, as well.
I'd rather drive a golf cart than one of these things.

Originally Posted By: Kuato

I'd even take a Chevrolet Spark over one of these things (and that is saying a lot.)

Originally Posted By: Kestas
The Smart car makes a lot of sense for urban travel in large crowded cities that have little parking space and low speeds, like Rome, Paris, and San Francisco. Not so much for Ohio, Michigan, or most of the US.

Spark or Mirage isn't much bigger at all and has 100x the practicality

or a Honda Silverwing, Suzuki Burgman 650, Kymco MyRoad700i, BMW C650GT, grey market Aprilia SRV850...etc... and just pocket the extra $10,000.

You'll have more top speed, 5-6 second 0-60 times instead of 14.4 seconds, (4s if you can actually obtain the Aprilia) with a topcase you won't lose much cargo space, it's easier to park and manuever, the CVTs are seamless - you don't have to deal with the slowest clunkiest automated manual transmission ever, and if you were worried about looking like a dork, you wouldn't be considering a Smart For Two.

And the engines are Honda, Suzuki, Piaggio and Kymco - not Mitsubishi.

You'll lose air-conditioning and heat and the Tridion safety cage.

Quote:

or a Honda Silverwing, Suzuki Burgman 650, Kymco MyRoad700i, BMW C650GT, grey market Aprilia SRV850...etc... and just pocket the extra $10,000.

How are those @ 60mph @ -5F? j/k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back