Agendas, when it comes to discrediting firearm use

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Govt. and The Fed. Are so rich they don't need the dollars that come not e economy via shooting.

And you're more likely to comply with armed authorities when unarmed.

Other animals kill either for food, in self defense, or to eliminate competition.
Humans are unique in that they kill for the sake of killing.

Claud.

Last edited:
As a hunter, I don't see an African safari as even close to hunting, or sporting.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
As a hunter, I don't see an African safari as even close to hunting, or sporting.

+++ 100% agree.

Trophy safari hunters are Olympic class D-bags in my book.

Hunting to fill your freezer with an animal that you killed yourself is a whole other story, it is honorable activity as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

NO wild animal in Africa dies from old age. When they get too old or feeble to run they are lunch for any number of predators. Haven't you heard of survival of the fittest?

Hunters in Africa pay trophy fees to shoot animals that are for the most part past their breeding prime ( the old ones with the biggest horns). Gives them economic value (for the locals) and therefore discourages poachers. It's a win/win situation. Hunters provide millions more dollars than conservatisits do each year. And the money put back in the local economy strengthens the number of animals far more than hunting depletes the older ones.

Originally Posted By: Shaman
Originally Posted By: Claud
Other animals kill either for food, in self defense, or to eliminate competition.

Claud.

No animal has ever killed over food, for sex, for fun. Nope, none, never. Ever, NEVER EVER EVER EVER. Ignorance is bad.

"Eliminate competition" includes behaviors such as Male lions taking over a pride seeking out and killing any cubs, or wolves killing coyotes, or Hippos fighting to death over mating rights.
Cuckoos hijacking other birds to raise their young or ants fighting with each other is what they are hard wired to do.
To suggest that animals kill each other just for their own sadistic pleasure is anthropomorphism clouding your judgement I think.

Predation normally takes out the sick, old, or lame prey, why take on a strong healthy animal that will literally fight for its life when there are easier pickings to be had?.

Claud.

I'm generally fine about others hunting. I hunted twice as a young man.

I respect those that hunt and actually eat what they kill.

What I despise is the jerks that poach (don't follow the rules/game laws) and the trophy hunters that do it for the sake of displaying a kill, like it makes them a man or something.

I feel that African safari "hunts" went out with Teddy Roosevelt (one of my fave presidents by the way).

Originally Posted By: andrewg

I feel that African safari "hunts" went out with Teddy Roosevelt (one of my fave presidents by the way).

You would enjoy "The Bully Pulpit" by Doris Goodwin..Pulitzer Prise Winner
51JFYIq3ajL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX278_SY278_PIkin4,BottomRight,1,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Originally Posted By: Nyati

NO wild animal in Africa dies from old age. When they get too old or feeble to run they are lunch for any number of predators. Haven't you heard of survival of the fittest?

Hunters in Africa pay trophy fees to shoot animals that are for the most part past their breeding prime ( the old ones with the biggest horns). Gives them economic value (for the locals) and therefore discourages poachers. It's a win/win situation. Hunters provide millions more dollars than conservatisits do each year. And the money put back in the local economy strengthens the number of animals far more than hunting depletes the older ones.

Thankyou for the commentary, it's relevent for sure.

It's the canned outrage that the media are going on in this case, to further their agenda, rather than any support that I have for wealthy people big game hunting.

It's part of their agenda...this morning's sound bite "holding that gun like he's making up for something small"...etc. etc.

Claud.

Read up on what Dolphins do to Porpoises and then you may want to re-evaluate your statement. Killer Whales are also known to torture their food for fun before eating it.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

Claud.

Read up on what Dolphins do to Porpoises and then you may want to re-evaluate your statement. Killer Whales are also known to torture their food for fun before eating it.

Cats kill all the time for the fun of it ... they play with it, kill it, play with it some more then leave it to rot. One reason I don't like cats that much.

Originally Posted By: Shaman

Claud.

No animal has ever killed over food, for sex, for fun. Nope, none, never. Ever, NEVER EVER EVER EVER. Ignorance is bad.

"Eliminate competition" includes behaviors such as Male lions taking over a pride seeking out and killing any cubs, or wolves killing coyotes, or Hippos fighting to death over mating rights.
Cuckoos hijacking other birds to raise their young or ants fighting with each other is what they are hard wired to do.
To suggest that animals kill each other just for their own sadistic pleasure is anthropomorphism clouding your judgement I think.

Predation normally takes out the sick, old, or lame prey, why take on a strong healthy animal that will literally fight for its life when there are easier pickings to be had?.

Claud.

Did you miss the part about enslavement?

Now for some zoomorphism.
Wolves kill lesser species for control. Lions kill lesser species for control. Humans kill lesser species for control. Done.
Predation "normally"? So, normally, predating animals past their prime is ok for "hardwired" animals, but for a human to do it? Despite the meat going to the locals, the influx of money to impoverished areas etc?

Everything else falls under "hardwiring". Argument complete, unless of course you are qualified to prove that it is not "hardwired" into some humans. If you believe you are, please site your studies.

Last edited:
The guy that article is written about screwed up big time. His response was, "I'm so sorry. I screwed up. I was in a bad place. I regret going on the safari. Please forgive me blah blah blah poor me."

His response should have been, "Yeah I went hunting. I enjoyed it. I'm a hunter. You don't like it? Too bad, go F yourself" Why do people have the urge to apologize to others for their actions that they believe in? Stand up for your convictions!!

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
The guy that article is written about screwed up big time. His response was, "I'm so sorry. I screwed up. I was in a bad place. I regret going on the safari. Please forgive me blah blah blah poor me."

His response should have been, "Yeah I went hunting. I enjoyed it. I'm a hunter. You don't like it? Too bad, go F yourself" Why do people have the urge to apologize to others for their actions that they believe in? Stand up for your convictions!!
I agree 100%!!!!

Dolphins play with and torture prey before eating it, sometimes they don't even eat it.
For simple pleasure ,or to teach others how to hunt?. Big cats do the same. Domestic cats play with and leave animals they have captured because they haven't been taught how to hunt, and don't need to hunt for food anyway.
The big bull African elephants would stop younger inexperienced males from overloading with testosterone (no I don't know how this works, but it does). When the big bulls were killed, either by trophy hunters or poachers it had a disastrous affect on the rest of the elephant population. The young bulls hadn't learned how to behave, perhaps like letting a bunch of adolescent boys loose in a brothel.
Humans hunting don't as a rule go for the weak or sick, the strongest, fittest wild animal is no match for helicopters or high power rifles, so the macho thing to do is kill the biggest animal they can find.

Claud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back